Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Last Fishing trip?

in a VAN down by the RIVER, Georgia/Alabama line
    Post Thanks / Like

Default The Last Fishing trip?

Each time we go fishing could be the last. Use every trip to it's fullest. Be sure to see the birds, feel the wind, smell the air, and enjoy all that is around you.
    Not trying to be a bummer here. But I see so many people that can't go fishing. Life has a way of wearing us out. As the years roll by you can't do things that were easy just a few years ago. Health problems arise. Eyesight fades. Your hands get unsteady. Your breath gets short. You can't get in and out of the boat very well. Launching is just too much effort alone and noone else to take you. Finances dwindle and some never catch up with medical and drug bills much less money to fish. Accidents happen to us in the blink of an eye..
    Everytime I am out on the water I thank God for allowing me to be fishing. I always ask that it not be my last trip. I also hope it isn't the last trip of my fishing buddy. You miss them on every trip. You remember things they did or said. You wish you could fish with them again, like before them or their family got sick or passed away.
    Folks, be sure to savor every fish. Take in that sunrise. Watch the moon rise. Watch every ripple as it shimmers against the horizon. Enjoy the company of your partner. This could be your last trip.

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

Post Thanks / Like

Great points Smitty.....i've lost 3 fishin buddies over the past few years and i think of each and every one every trip out.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

well said smitty

Post Thanks / Like

So true! Thanks for posting.
    An ungrateful man is like hog under a tree eating acorns, but never looking up to see where they come from!

Post Thanks / Like

Well said, lost my first fishing buddy 40 years ago, he was 20 killed by a drunk driver riding his bike to the pier at 4:00 am, still think about him all the time. Had a couple more move away or fall into the abyss of substance abuse. One thing about Crappie.com is I've found a bunch more good folks who have helped me through some tough times.

in a VAN down by the RIVER, Georgia/Alabama line
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a short list of those that passed on the past few years.. Some are sick now with dangerous illness. Some are just plain mad at me over some stupid misunderstanding. I miss them all even the hardheads.lol

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FalconSmitty View Post
    I have a short list of those that passed on the past few years.. Some are sick now with dangerous illness. Some are just plain mad at me over some stupid misunderstanding. I miss them all even the hardheads.lol
    Can't add anything useful... well said

Post Thanks / Like

good post, makes you appreciate your buddies.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FalconSmitty View Post
    Great post. I think everyone has been in these shoes.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for your post Smitty. My gang of friends from PA will be down next week less one regular lost him last year, tree stand accident, so I do cherish every visit and treat it like it may be their last because last year it was..........you just never know....... Keep on fishin bud

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast