Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tough day at LOZ

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tough day at LOZ

Just couldn't get um this morning. It was cold but no wind so it wasn't awful. The tips were freezing and just wasn't any fun. Put in at Coffman fished around 6 mile marker and went into gravios arm. Fished hard and deep for 4 hours and ended with 5. Just to damn cold to hang in there. Oh well. You win some you lose some.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey at least you went, thats why its called fishing and not catching. Congrats on getting out!!! Thanks for the report!
    Monk

Post Thanks / Like

Yep at least you were out there and got a few. Beat's work.
    Life is good today.

Post Thanks / Like

Good job your tougher than me:

Post Thanks / Like

I try'ed for hour or so today down on the little Niangua arm after I finish installing my new HDS-7.
    You weren't kidding on the cold part. I've been working on my boat for the last two days and freezing my butt off. Caught 6- 9"er. All whites.

Post Thanks / Like

well bud you tried, and you probably learned a thing or two, next trip should be better, congrats. on the day you had

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

5 fish in the middle of January is not to bad. I can't remember a January in recent years that the lake was not froze shut. Glad you got out and thanks for the report.

Post Thanks / Like

So, what time tomorrow!

Post Thanks / Like

You're right about being cold. I got out around 10:00. I started by putting out a couple beds with some osage orange. I fished a bed I put out last week and caught 2 keepers off of it then went on to some older beds. I ending up catching a good limit today iin 10 to 15 feet of water using a bobber over beds. It took alot of patience. I'd stay back away from the beds and cast to the other side and reel over the bed very slow. Sometimes I would not move the bobber for several minutes. You know the weather could be worst. Remember Feb.1 2011 we got 21" of snow on the ground by 10:00 that night. Made it awful hard to put the boat in. Good fishing

Post Thanks / Like

You are a better man than me. I was going to go out this morning and seen it was 19 degrees, so made a pot of coffee and fired up the computer and read about fishin.
    Don't tell fish stories where people know you, but particularly where they know the fish.
    Mark Twain

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast