Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: potholes report

Post Thanks / Like

Default potholes report

wind, wind, and more wind. it was at least 15mph-25mph every day, all day . friday afternoon i headed out to hutchinson and could only get about 15 bluegill. on saterday we went out to hutchinson again but didn't get any hits. i was so desparate i went to hampton lake to see if i could get a trout. that didn't work out so well but did get a good tip from a game warden about were to get some crappie. he told me that he had seen some guys at soda lake getting some from the shore. so i headed out to the lake expecting to get nothing and in the first 5 minutes i hook into one. most of them were only about 6" like the first one i caught but they kept it interesting. so i keep fishing thinking there will only be small ones like that one but then i hook into a good one that got off at the surface that was about 9"-10". after about 3 hours of fishing i got 5 keepers over 9" with 3 at about 10". also caught about 15 or more that went about 6". today i went back to the same spot and could only get one over 9"(released) and a few small crappie and bluegill. all in all it was an ok trip and would have been a great trip if there wouldn't have been any wind. here are some pictures of the crappie i got. the top ones are from saterday and the bottom one is from today.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    fishin isn't a sport, it's a way of life.
    A motto I live by. :D
    go dawgs!!

Post Thanks / Like

I am sitting it out today because of wind.

I have had some good trips in the wind, but you always have to work harder for the fish. Good job

Post Thanks / Like

i would have liked to have got out on soda but my boat is only 14' and it would have been to much of a pain. the wind was so bad mardon had to cancel the first day of the bass tournament they had this weekend.
    fishin isn't a sport, it's a way of life.
    A motto I live by. :D
    go dawgs!!

Post Thanks / Like

The wind was so bad I trailerd my boat to lind coulee and went way back up there to catch smallies, They were plastering a drop shot, got some nice ones too.. I fished the canal end of soda for smallies for a while, but couldnt get anything there.

Post Thanks / Like

bassinman,
    how deep and what where you fishing? thanks

Post Thanks / Like

At least you got into some CK14. I'm sure there are a lot of guys that said the fish "weren't biting" this weekend lol. I love the wind out there though. I've always done better with the wind blowing.

Smart man Bassman. The Coulee is the best place to fish when the wind is bad out there. Plastics+Willows+Current= Bass & Walleye lol. Good going fellas.

Post Thanks / Like

I was dropshotting it 6 to 20 feet of water. The fish were relating to bluff type structure and willows less that 20 feet away.

Post Thanks / Like

i cought some trout......... oh i give up!
    To land one of my crappie i need a gaff and a .22 pistal :D