PDA

View Full Version : People using HT panfish rods

waterboy1
01-20-2012, 11:23 PM
I have been using a mixture of 12 ft rods to spider rig with for the last three years, and have broken a number of my rods. Looking at buying new at a reasonable price. Those of you who are using the HT 12ft panfish rods, how do you like them, and would you recommend them. Since I spider rig 90% of the time for crappie, I don't want to pay for expensive, light weight rods, only to break them, but still want rods that can take some abuse. My friend bought the pinnacle limit rods, and they are ok, and have held up well to snags and such, but I'm wanting something just a bit lighter, but just as tuff. $13.95 a piece looks pretty good right now for the HT's. Will be getting a success sharing check from Home Depot in March, and want to get eight identical rods, and maybe a couple backups for spares, esp when the shipping cost is as much as the rod.

ifish
01-21-2012, 06:50 AM
I have been fishing the HT JSG11 for 10 years and I love them. I really like the Tennessee handles. These are all graphite and have yet to have one break. Only place I see them now is Grizzly Jigs. They have some discounts on quanity. Better yet go to there show soon and catch some good deals!Home (http://www.grizzlyjig.com/)

alamancecreek
01-21-2012, 11:23 AM
I've got a set of 8, 10 and 12 foot HT Panfish Rods. I use them solely for long lining and not spider rigging. I can't seem to put the amount of weight of them that I want to use sometimes. They are good for the money though.

TreeBass
01-21-2012, 01:01 PM
I know its not what you asked for, but the pro angler rods are tuff, and priced right Pro Angler Tackle Rods (http://www.proanglertackle.com/CrappieRods.htm)

talltimber
01-21-2012, 04:12 PM
Sounds like the ones you're looking at are the glass rods? I can't speak for them, but the graphite rods are fine. I've got a 12'er I use spider rigging, and a 10'er I cast with (which is not a lot). Good rods, I like them fine.

kingkrappie
01-21-2012, 05:42 PM
There fine glass rods, not sure how much lighter they actually are than the pinnacles, but they're softer on the tip, my fishin partner used to use em an with 1/2 oz weights they lost two feet due to tip bend, so I preferred the pinnacles, dont really care bout weight as they're in a rack, if ya push jigs or light weight rigs they'll be fine though, sense goin to graphite though I'll never go back to glass, just a matter of money!

alamancecreek
01-21-2012, 06:17 PM
my fishin partner used to use em an with 1/2 oz weights they lost two feet due to tip bend, !
My exact reason for my earlier post. I couldn't stand it any longer.

fishin813
01-27-2012, 01:31 PM
can get HT rods through monkscrappie.com at a better rate than through Grizzley

have used Ht's for 8 yrs in 12' group..........have had only 3 breakeages, due to
gar & catfish on faster hits than could resond to get out of holders.

Economic's they are best..........can get tips and/or bases out of grizzley, in mo.

Presently use Deep-South Rods out of Leesburg, Fl.
12's - 14's ' 16's - 18's.........excellent rods can handle trolling / spider riggin
very well, good backbone power. carry a one year replacement guarantee and/or
can get any section replacement needed..............(have a price tag to them
thought) 10 - 12 -14 44.95 ea, buy 4 get 5th one free...
16 - 18's are 55.95 ea. 20's are special order, but can be gotten...........
but getting into a lot weight distribution - longer is not always better thing.