Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: any basshound bass tender owners out there?

Post Thanks / Like

Default any basshound bass tender owners out there?

I have an older basshound 11 ft with a 4 hp suzuki rear and 30 lb minn kota on front

Plan to fish mostly small lakes and large ponds but will also try it Stockton Lake around the coves and close to shore.

Anybody out there mounted a transducer in the block on the stern? What did you seal the holes with?

Anybody have an outboard on theirs? If so do you have to take the motor off everytime you haul the boat on a trailer or is there a way to stabilize the motor enough to haul it on the boat when using a boat trailer?

Just put together a harbor frieght boat trailer...I know..its' beer can metal...but at $195 and free shipping you have to overlook the small tires, etc. I am now trying to modify it to fit the basshound...wow...no small task given the shape of the hull but I'm close to finished (OMG the thing has a long tongue with the boat on it!!!) and ready for a 50+ degree day!

any hints, tips, experiences with these rigs would be appreciated!

Post Thanks / Like

Love mine! I put my transducer on the trolling motor since I fish from the front. If you put it in the back, regular rtv silicone will seal the holes. 54lb trolling motor, no outboard. You're right that transom is a little flimsy but you should be able to get a transom saver and cut it down to work. I've used several of those trailer, they do fine but maybe consider replacing with 12" tires if you have 8s.

Name:  016.jpg
Views: 4232
Size:  42.0 KB

Name:  011.jpg
Views: 5362
Size:  29.7 KB

Name:  360.jpg
Views: 6288
Size:  25.2 KB
    Blue Water LED, LLC - www.bluewaterled.com
    Blue Water Jeff - 1-800-221-2583

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the input...by the way, nice looking rig. Yes, I have reservations about the transome...guess I should have picked a 2 stroke as the suzuki weighs a ton for a 2007 4hp 4 stroker but it was one of those owned by a little old man, etc. and bought at a good price. It is really clean, no scratches, etc. so I may try the hauling in and out of the pickup bed to load and unload for a while...but the old back isn't what it used to be.

I have the transducer on the t motor now but the way the basshound is set up its' hard to go from running the outboard and watching the monitor to moving to the front seat to operate the t motor and having to turn around and watch the screen. The basshound is not set up for foot mounted and I have a 50 lb transome mount so a little awkward.

Will try to change out the 8" wheels for 12's maybe in the spring...with spare it will probably run $150-200 which is what I have in the trailer...bought from Harbor for $197 and $6 freight this December....cheaper than a used rig which goes for around $4-500 and then you have to put another $50 for a barrel of rust treatment! you would have to see what they are selling over craigslist!

Anyway, thanks again for the input and the look at your rig..

GTO