Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: fish finders

Post Thanks / Like

Default fish finders

how many of u use them 2 find fish? i lhave heard most folks use them 2 look for drop offfs and ledges and structure.

Post Thanks / Like

I use mine for both. I have one on the bow and one at the wheel.

Post Thanks / Like

I use mine to find fish. Simply locating drops and structure doesn't necessarily mean you're going to find fish.

Post Thanks / Like

I use it for both. The drops and ledges and structure do give the fish a reason to be there.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking "depth" finder

Started off, back in the 70's, primarily using it to find depth & depth changes ... and even as technology has advanced thru the decades, since, I've still mostly used mine to "see" what was "underneath" me. Main reason was I was always looking for cover to cast to, drift live bait over, or to maintain boat position while casting towards the bank.
    (did I mention that I cast a lot Rofl )

Now that I have a DI unit ... and intend to utilize more techniques than just casting ... I'm in hopes that I will get a better "picture" of what I'm fishing. If I see fish, all the better ... and if I don't, I'll still continue to let my baits be my "fish finders" Thumbs Up

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

I use mine for both. I have a cheap H.B. that came on the boat, cheap doesn't really do it honors. I'm going to be looking for a better one come spring..

Proud Member Of Team Geezer
    Member: Michigan Chapter of Team Overalls

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe part of it is I'm just a "gadget head" as my wife says, but I wouldn't leave home w/o mine. We are starting to fish a lot more lakes that we are unfamiliar with, and a FF (especially one w/ side imaging) is a must for me.

Life has many choices, eternity has two...choose wisely.
    Unapplied biblical truth is like unapplied paint...how many gallons do you have sittin' around? U.D.

Post Thanks / Like

i use my for both!!!!!!!!
    Pro Staff:
    Excel Boat (Meatgetter Edition)
    Crappieholic Apparel
    Hi-Tek Stuff
    Ozark Rods

Please support these great companies!

Post Thanks / Like

I have an inexpensive ($129) Humminbird 160 that does everything I need it to. Shows me the bottom, structure and fish (plus water temp for what that's worth). I mostly use it to find fish since my home lake doesn't have a lot of depth changes or structure that I don't already know.

Post Thanks / Like

I have the fish setting turned off on myne. I have a real nice depth finder with gps and all the other goodys. I mostly use it for drop offs and structure. if you know what the crappie are doen at the given lake then all you need to see is structure or holes. Temp is a big deal to at sertain times. So many things effect depth/fish finders. I wouldnt put to much faith in them no matter what the price or propaganda. Depending on the time of year crappie arent really that hard to find. Its really more know how than it is electronics. that is just my oppinoion.
    Happy Hooken.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast