Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Boat insurance

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Boat insurance

Am looking to change my boat insurance to another company with reasonable rates. Have Geico now and they're getting way to expensive and I've never filed a claim. Paying almost $300 per year for 12 month use as we have open water all year here. Who all do you have your coverage through? Also checked with my home owners policy and still seems to much.
    Waterboy1

Post Thanks / Like

progressive

Post Thanks / Like

X2 Progressive

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by waterboy1 View Post
    Am looking to change my boat insurance to another company with reasonable rates. Have Geico now and they're getting way to expensive and I've never filed a claim. Paying almost $300 per year for 12 month use as we have open water all year here. Who all do you have your coverage through? Also checked with my home owners policy and still seems to much.
    I've got my car, home and boat all through the same company. Gets me a little discount but still way too expensive if you ask me. I've shopped around and everyone is within 10-11 dollars a month from one another. I realize that's 120.00 a year but not worth the hassle of me changing everything over. My agent has been good to us over the years, they are local and easy to get in touch with should the need arise. I've only made one claim over the last 15 years. Never changed companies. I think the majority of us pay too much in the end but what's a man to do?

Post Thanks / Like

Allstate along with home and cars. It's all too much $$$'s but remember we're all paying for all the boats that got ruined during the hurricanes and other disasters around the nation. Spread the risk but lately the risk has been hurtful.

Etowah, Tn. foothills to the Smokey Mountains
    Post Thanks / Like

Nationwide give me the best of 7 diff. companies.

Post Thanks / Like

I have mine through these guys:

Boat Insurance: BoatUS

Comes w/ a on-the-water tow clause and runs me $130/yr. (I think). Not at home to look right now.

Life has many choices, eternity has two...choose wisely.
    Unapplied biblical truth is like unapplied paint...how many gallons do you have sittin' around? U.D.

Post Thanks / Like

I just use the same company for everything, too. Auto, home, and so on...My boat is insured for 10 grand with a hundred dollar deductible...90 bucks a year.

Post Thanks / Like

Ours is with State Farm -- $342 annual premium for 25K coverage. Just found out that they have implemented a rate increase for liability coverage when truck premium came due last month - added an additional 70 bucks a year to our policies. Everything we own is insured through them and we supposedly get all these discounts for good driver, no accidents, no claims, multiple policies -- yet we pay out the wazoo in insurance premiums. It's time to shop insurance companies.
    Vonna
    Yes, I fish like a girl. If you tried a little harder, you could too!!

Post Thanks / Like

Vonna, I went through the same thing with State Farm. I switched to Farm B., I hate that word. finally we switched everything to Allstate, they are still high, though we have more benefits through them. I will say Farm B. homeowners, no one could touch. The hassle of having multiple insurors was a hassle.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Crappie Stalker View Post
    Ours is with State Farm -- $342 annual premium for 25K coverage. Just found out that they have implemented a rate increase for liability coverage when truck premium came due last month - added an additional 70 bucks a year to our policies. Everything we own is insured through them and we supposedly get all these discounts for good driver, no accidents, no claims, multiple policies -- yet we pay out the wazoo in insurance premiums. It's time to shop insurance companies.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast