Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bum a ride in an Aluminum Deep V

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bum a ride in an Aluminum Deep V

Looking into a Tracker Deep V, and would like to get a fishing trip or two in one before pullng the trigger. If you fish out of this type of boat and would be willing to take me along i'll foot the bill (gas/food),,,shoot me a PM or give me a call 660 238-8338.

Post Thanks / Like

I got the Triton super wide deep V. I am thinking I will hit the water Saturday or Sunday. I am not sure if its about the same boat or not.

Post Thanks / Like

On the serious side, I bought a new tracker forgot the number, but resold it in 2 months and lost $400 best money I ever lost.... like all my fiberglass much better, and most is a wind thing..... I don't worry about a scratch or two, I buy them to use........ not tow up down the street in a parade.......just my 2 cents..... I like the rig you got........
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Depends on the season. but between Warrensburg Mo and south Louisiana is a good place to look
    Post Thanks / Like

What's wrong with the Triton? Man that wind just kills aluminum. You might be able to fit more PVC pipe gadgets in a deep V hope you doing well buddy when I get back we will have to make a trip
    In our government-controlled schools we are taught that Lincoln was our greatest president because his war ended slavery and saved the Union. As usual, the other side of the story – the side that reflects poorly on the government – somehow gets lost. – Richard J. Maybury, The Abe Lincoln Hoax

Depends on the season. but between Warrensburg Mo and south Louisiana is a good place to look
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh ps looks at that Lund preditor are what ever it's called know that's a bad mother of a V
    In our government-controlled schools we are taught that Lincoln was our greatest president because his war ended slavery and saved the Union. As usual, the other side of the story – the side that reflects poorly on the government – somehow gets lost. – Richard J. Maybury, The Abe Lincoln Hoax

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with OSS bout Tracker deep V. My mother had one, wind blew it all over and trollin motor was undersized.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a lowe 17' deep v and the wind will blow it around like it has a sail on it.But out of the wind I love it.
    Life is good today.

Post Thanks / Like

The wind blowing you around is better then the water coming over the side. Norfork and 30 MPH wind and the wife said new boat.

Post Thanks / Like

my father in law has had two welded tracker v bottoms and both hulls have cracked tracker would not stand by them.I have a 17 ft lund mr pike and love it. handles the rough water well and wind doesnt blow it around much. Just my 2 cents worth

Post Thanks / Like

For what it's worth...read another comment somewhere about having more room for pvc contraptions. Well...
    My life/fishing partner got tired of my sailor talk whenever the wind blew even a little so we built these sea anchors for both sides of the bow of our Tracker Targa 165 walkthru. She sewed the rip-stop nylon and I built the frames around them. With the main engine up, they keep the bow into any wind we're willing to fish without constant dancing on the TM.
    They're light, relatively inexpensive, easy to put down and pull up, not really in the way when fishing, and effective, but a bit bulky in the back of the boat when running. And we retained all the perks of the aluminum hull. The mounts are aluminum plate and 1 1/4" pvc fittings. The frames are 1" pvc. You could put both mounts outside, but we trailer the boat with the cover on and they would have rubbed.
    We also use the outside mounts for shallow water pole anchors (there's also a mount on the transom)...they're also pvc 10' x 1" with a 5' solid fiberglass spike glued in the end. They're not quite as effective in the wind because they bend and they'll slide on a rock bottom. But they're somewhat less expensive than a power pole and work for us in 10' of water over soft bottom.
    Name:  Windoors 001 GIF.jpg
Views: 825
Size:  50.9 KBName:  Windoors 003 GIF.jpg
Views: 824
Size:  42.4 KBName:  Windoors 004 GIF.jpg
Views: 810
Size:  38.6 KBName:  Windoors 005 GIF.jpg
Views: 797
Size:  37.8 KBName:  Windoors 002 GIF.gif
Views: 807
Size:  55.5 KB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast