Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Acton 4-23

Post Thanks / Like

Question Acton 4-23

Dad and I went up and fished from 9 to noon. Caught about 15 or so and had 9 in the basket. All in all it wasnt a very good day. The water wasnt to muddy the temp was right, they just werent biting very well. I think today will be better with high pressure in place. Yesterday was only a few hours after yet another stupid storm system went through. Mother nature must be a peta member. Ha Ha!!! I'm gonna try to go back up this afternoon. Good luck everyone. Also dad caught a 16" saugeye. It fought like a 3lb cat.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Halleluiah!

Glad to see that there are finally some saugeyes worth keeping. Where and on what? That hammer handle Doug caught on Thursday fought pretty hard, too. - Roberta
    "Anglers are born honest,
    but they get over it." - Ed Zern

Post Thanks / Like

Hi.
    I caught 12 crappie, kept 7, all between 9.5, and 11 inches on the right side back in the cove by the dam (in that funky looking grass it looks darker
    than the rest of the water about 3 feet off of the bank) Oddly, I caught them all on minnows. I didn't get a bite all morning casting jigs with crappie nibbles. "Disney world Wednesday, so somebody catch them babies for me!"
    Cya!
    Rick.
    Formally: BoxingRef_Rick.

Post Thanks / Like

Question walleye?

Any walleye in Acton? I thought the main difference between walleye and saugeye was a white tip on the bottom of the tail. The little guy I picked up last Monday had a white tipped tail.
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."
    - Winston Churchill

Post Thanks / Like

Default The difference between walleye and saugeye

Acton has never been stocked with walleye and only stocked with saugeye the last two years. I haven't heard if they put any fingerlings in this year.
    Saugeye are a hybrid of walleye and sauger. Saugeye have the patterned (though less distinct) body of the sauger, but the larger size of the walleye. Some saugeyes have a white edge on their tail. - Roberta
    "Anglers are born honest,
    but they get over it." - Ed Zern