Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Slip Bobbers My way

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Slip Bobbers My way

Well we are soon moving into that time of year for shallow fish lookingfor spawing beds qnd slip bobbers rule.
    When they get on shore in 2 or less ft I pull out my10
    ftProAngler set shallow and drop it under those fresh buds of button willows on shore with gravel or sand
    I use 20#braiad and you wont lose th e set up if you do get alittle aggressive on really brushy spots
    The hook #2Matsou sickle will bend or if im using a leader (10#Stren mono) will break

just got finnished puting momma a new outfit for this year
    4ft-5 proangler with fused braid
    just right size for fishing in our new slip atGrapevine

OK Grasshopper, practice setting it in the scissors and you can fish betrween the thickes brush out there (ha really- ijust got lucky on this shot

Post Thanks / Like

Used this setup in Kansas in the spring. With this setup usally the leader breaks below the snap, saving the snap and the strike indecater, it easy to put on another leader and hook. I put my weight above the snap.

Post Thanks / Like

I just use 8lb Stren mono and dont have many problems. Most times, the hook bends and I get loose.

Post Thanks / Like

works great. use this a lot in tight brush.

All of our products are Made in the USA with all American made materials.
    Artificial fish habitat,crappie attractors and bass structure made from PVC.
    Numerous models of various sizes,textures and shapes for fry to lunkers.
    Mention Crappie.com with your order for 10% off!!
    Fishiding.com Structurespot.com

Post Thanks / Like

I was doing good till I seen this post. Now I'll dream of blooming dogwoods till I get to drop a minnow in the bushes. Only prob I have with this setup is when fish swipes the bait before I get the fish.

Post Thanks / Like

I try to avoid the cork all together, but if the wind dictates the presentation my bobber will be tiny during the spawn. I try to avoid all the ties when fishing shallow Bc not much distance is gonna break if you snag.
    Teeny booger weight above the jig business will keep your setup intact if you snap off your jig. Then just tie on and back to fishing, quietly.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SLAB_FINDER View Post
    I was doing good till I seen this post. Now I'll dream of blooming dogwoods till I get to drop a minnow in the bushes. Only prob I have with this setup is when fish swipes the bait before I get the fish.
    me too. over the years i have flip flopped between bass fishing and crappie fishing.but thinking back my favorite trips have always been with my son watching those bobbers go down.

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Never done it...but plan on rigging all my spider poles with slp corks when the fish move shallow.Thumbs Up