Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So Bummed!

Post Thanks / Like

Default So Bummed!

I ordered a Fenwick Elite Tech 6'8" ultra light rod from Amazon.com and UPS delivered it today but, when I opened the box I found a smashed rod. I've never ordered from amazon before so I hope its not going to be to much of a hassle to get another one sent out or at the very least get my money back. I was looking forward to test driving the rod this weekend! DANG! Oh well I had to gripe a little.

-VCM

Post Thanks / Like

I've heard of disgruntled UPS employees mistreating packages marked "fragile" on purpose. I had a taxidermist friend that would get boxes of deer head forms from UPS all the time with heads broken clean off! Not saying that's what happened in your case but based on my experiences with UPS it's possible.
    CATCH A BIG-UN

Post Thanks / Like

Depends on whether the product was ordered from Amazon directly, or through a reseller on their site. I've never had problems returning stuff bought from Amazon, but I've heard of people having issues with resellers.
    Don't worry, catch crappie.

Post Thanks / Like

I order quite a bit of stuff from Amazon, never had a problem..

Proud Member Of Team Geezer
    Member: Michigan Chapter of Team Overalls

Post Thanks / Like

I hope it turns out OK, let us know how the return goes.

Helicopter Pilot
    Vietnam 67/68
    Proud Member of the Southeast Asian War Games Team

Post Thanks / Like

Dozens of purchases via amazon and it's resellers... never never never a problem. Actually, if I find something on BassPro or a Kayak site or anything else I want, I will do a check to see if amazon has it, they bring a level of confidence with every purchase.

*disclaimer; I've never returned anything that was destroyed in shipping.
    The best way to get to where you want to be in the future is to act like you are there TODAY.

Post Thanks / Like

I think you need to take this up with UPS. Hope you saved the package,where they can look at it.

Post Thanks / Like

I once received a trolling motor whose reverse gear didn't work. I got a paid UPS shipping label at Amazon's site. And they sent the replacement motor next day FedEx before I'd even dropped off the bum motor at UPS.

I would complain to UPS but don't rely on them to do anything about replacement. Deal with Amazon or the reseller.

Post Thanks / Like

I hope everything turns out okay too... But, the craziest thing about it is the box doesn't appear to be damaged its just the rod is a 2 piece and where it joines is completely crushed and of the guides is bent with the ceramic busted out of it. I am not sure if its the sellers fault or ups... Another thing I noticed this morning is there isn't a single "Fragile" sticker on the box. Ahh, this stresses me out! Hopefully it will turn out okay

-VCM

Post Thanks / Like

Amazon should take care of it.....let us know what you think of that rod, I've been looking at them as well, but haven't got my hands on one.
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast