Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clamp on rod holders?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Clamp on rod holders?

I'm looking for a great rod holder that will clamp on the side of most john boats.. I've done a little research and seen some of the set-ups here on Crappie.com I've got a trip planned in March and I was planning to have these holders for this Slabtastic Adventure! The boats that we are using for the Blue Bank Resort are just your normal flat bottom 14' boats. I'm getting tired of rods sliding and getting stepped on when my partner needs to take a piss!!! Does anyone have a product here or know of any at a reasonable price? Any info would be great.. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck, not they are not out there, but I have never seen a clamp on/screw on rod holder that was worth anything.
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944

Post Thanks / Like

I'm very, very happy with my clamp-on rod holders from Tite-Lok

They are very solid, but also quick to adjust left-right and up-down rod angle. The C-clamp gap is about 2-1/4" which is big enough to go over just about any rail. The best price I found was $29 at BPS. BTW, don't bother with the $5 Eagle Claws (I like Eagle Claw rods and reels, but their cheap rod holder is worthless); they've got no grip. Get the Tite-Loks, you'll like 'em.

I fish from a jon boat too. They are public boats so I have to be able to de-rig the boat after every use. I did need to add a small 1"x1" wood block to the outer part of the clamp (where the screw pin meets the clamp) because the sidewalls of a jon boat are so thin...the added block gives me a better, and more level, grip. I have two Tite-Loks off the transom and one on each side.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

You can make these Bolt to a aluminum angle then C clamp on boat

http://www.crappie.com/crappie/south...r-rigging.html

MEMBER CRAPPIE MAFIA

Post Thanks / Like

I have 2 c clamps that was used to hold down a camper shell to truck. Looks some what like those in picture above. I drilled a hole in the side of clamp, threaded it to fit driftmaster holder. Had to bend the shaft of the rod holder to get the right rod angle.

Those Tite loks above look nice.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sccamper View Post
    Those Tite loks above look nice.
    Hi Camper, your camper shell C-clamps are probably Tite-Loks. Truck hold downs are their main business.

You can buy just the C-clamp portion for about $12 if you have another rod holder you want to mount on it. The Tite-Loks were the only rod holders I could find with a clamp, except for the real cheapos which I did waste money on one. I guess there's not a big market for them.

Post Thanks / Like

I just bought a couple of the Tite-Lok clamp on style pictured above. I haven't had the opportunity to try them out yet but they are sturdy and clamp tightly onto the boat. They seem to be quality built. They are made from quality aluminum and don't seem to have any flex in the clamp itself which is a major complaint about many clamp on style rod holders.

Yadkin Guide is offline Crappie Wall Hanger * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Driftmaster makes a very sturdy C-clamp style of base. You can get them for 1/2" or 3/8" rod holders. You can see them on my website at Driftmaster Rod Holders

Post Thanks / Like

I used 1" parllel conduit beam clamps to clamp a2' long 1" sq tube on both sides of my boat. You can drill and mount most holders onto the sq tube. I can loosen 2 bolts and remove each set. Hope this helps.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "i only like to fish when i am by myself or with someone"
    Likes Blue Heron LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I like my Bee Ready but I have the bolt on style. They do have clamp on mounts too.

Bee Ready Rod holders - Bee Readys

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast