Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what is happening on Lake Wappapello

Post Thanks / Like

Default what is happening on Lake Wappapello

Does anyone have any information on Lake Wappapello? Rumors are starting to leak about good numbers and good size being caught. Generally by the time I hear a rumor things have changed drastically. The new size limit is starting to show results. If the Conservation Dept. would start enforcing the law things might get even better.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sunday 1-15-09

Went Sunday had a good day kept 35 fish between two of us. Nice size 25 over 10 1/2 inches. Has anyone been in lost creek yet. I heard they were catching there limit in there last week. We were on the main lake.

I hope to go this weekend if it warms up some.

Post Thanks / Like

been catching limit or close to here lately.....Most range from 10-11 inches with 5 or 10 below and 5 or 10 above. Catching them in 5' of water on flats off of the channel for the most part.

Post Thanks / Like

Great report thanks I may try Wapp

Post Thanks / Like

There were some really nice weights at the club tournament Saturday, January 21. Tom Frazier and Charlie Brotherton brought ten fish to the scales that weighed 15.24lbs. Phil Stevens and Larry Strobel were a close second with 15.14lbs. Damon Thompson and Joe Colbert had 14.79lbs and Brian and Brandon Jines had 13.77lbs. Big fish was a 2.56lb caught by Brotherton and Frazier. The top four teams had 40 fish that weighed in at 58.94lbs for an average of 1.47lb each. The length limit IS working! And with the high water last spring, many think this spring should be great fishing, with good sized fish.

Post Thanks / Like

yeah we had 11.86 lbs in the tourny......We had 60 fish but they were all about 1 lb....no monster slabs that day!!! I think that might have been the coldest day i've fished this year too between the 30 degree temp and the 10-15 mph wind! (And our heater ran out of gas too

Post Thanks / Like

22 ftr, Congrats on the tourney placing. I know you guys are really competitive, so you probably wasn't satisfied with it. Those weights are really something. You guys done real good.

Post Thanks / Like

Tall Timber, we are competitive, but a team can't win them all, and we've lost more than we'll ever win! Everybody that had found those fish had a great shot at winning, it was crazy there Friday, I caught 5 in one pass that weighed 7.5lbs! I left out after about 4 hours with about 13lbs, so we knew where to start. Tell those Seepwater boys good job! Maybe we'll see ya next month!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info. I am new to this crappie fishing. Chased bass for too many years. Hope to see you on the Lake.

Post Thanks / Like

Where do you get information about any up coming crappie tournaments.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast