Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: triton 1860 sc

Post Thanks / Like

Default triton 1860 sc

anyone have one of these or fish from one? How do they handle rough water? The one I saw has a 90hp motor, what kind of mph would you expect?

Post Thanks / Like

just guessing in the 50-55 mph range

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by olduckhunter View Post
    just guessing in the 50-55 mph range
    You would be guessing about 10mph too high.

Not much of a deadrise on that boat, which makes it a rough ride in rough water.

Post Thanks / Like

It will take anything you can throw at it. It just will be a rough ride. The best speed I get off of mine is 39 but I keep a lot of weight in my boat.

Post Thanks / Like

I have one, a 2002 with a 2002 90 hp Yamaha on it. How is the one you're looking at set up? Mine has a livewell in front of the console, a nice size deck in the front with a storage compartment. The rear deck is two pods with a space in the center with a heavy braced aluminum cover that bolts down, under it is where my gas tank and TM batteries are located. I build a dry box for mine that goes between the livewell and the frond deck for added storage, I carry a lot of junk.
    We're still working on the correct prop. A 19 pitch factory Yamaha prop should right, it has a 17 on it now and will run about 35 mph. The last prop I tried was a 19 but had a lot of cup and the engine could only pull it to 5000 rpms, it ran 39 mph with it. I'd say with the right prop I'm looking at the high 30 to low 40s and still get a load up and moving i rough water. Personally I don't want to be in a aluminum boat much faster than that.
    I'm very pleased with my boat and have done a bunch of work to make it like I want. It's comfortable for two guys to sit side by side in the front and fish, It rides and handles as good as any other aluminum boat of similar design. I've fished in War Eagles, Crestliners, Lowes and I like this boat as well as any of them. The guys I bought mine from used it for duck hunting so it has some scrapes and bumps. From what I've found crappie don't like pretty boats anymore than ugly ones.

Name:  003.jpg
Views: 5472
Size:  48.9 KB

Post Thanks / Like

I have an 1860 polarkraft with a 90 yamaha. Top speed for me is about 38. It will beat you to death in anything more than a light chop. Just the nature of tin boats.
    Carl's Guide Service
    Sardis Lake
    Enid Lake
    Grenada Lake
    901-734-7536

Post Thanks / Like

I have a G3 1860 CC with a Yamaha 90 2 stroke. Normal cruising speed is around 30mph(gps) at 4000rpm. It will do 40 if I kick it to over 5000pm, but I'm not in that big a hurry and I see no need to punish the motor. I also just put a T-Top on it which I thought would affect speed because of wind resistance, but it didn't have much effect on speed or handling.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by feelay View Post
    I have an 1860 polarkraft with a 90 yamaha. Top speed for me is about 38. It will beat you to death in anything more than a light chop. Just the nature of tin boats.
    Not all "tin" boats.

barrelslime is offline Moderator White Bass/Striper/Hybrid Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Illinois_angler View Post
    Not all "tin" boats.
    True, it depends on the hull. I have a VT17 Triton with a 60 Merch 4 stroke and it will do 38mph at 5300 rpm. and its a smooth ride
    Personal Best 17 1/2"
    " Let us endeavor so to live, that when we come to die, even the undertaker will be sorry." Mark Twain