Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Question for cane pole

Post Thanks / Like

Default Question for cane pole

Is there such a thing as wire size too big for 12 volt trailer light?? The trailer that came with my 10 foot prowler is 14 ga wire and the lights are new an so is the wire but dont work right????

Post Thanks / Like

No the wire is not a problem. Sounds like a ground or a fuse issue.

Post Thanks / Like

Thats' what i thought and the lights are mount on 2x4's but have three wire which i drilled new holes for to make sure of a good ground?? In the metal trailer??

Post Thanks / Like

It sounds like your trailer lights are grounded well to the trailer and the fuse is ok now.... make sure that the trailer is grounded to the vehicle thru the trailer wiring connector. Some trailers get the ground thru the hitch ball contact from the vehicle and that can make lighting a problem because that is not a good ground from the vehicle to the trailer. It makes the lights act funny because of the off and on action of a faulty ground. Worth a look.

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Whenever I install new lights and wiring I always run a ground wire to each light. Its not that much more work and you are always sure of a good ground at each bulb.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va