Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: can someone teach me spider rigging?

Post Thanks / Like

Default can someone teach me spider rigging?

Want to try spider rigging. have done some reading but would like to go out with someone who knows what they are doing before I invest money and set up my boat for it. I can go just about any weekend after this coming one.
    What happens on the lake... makes for good stories at least

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Still a little early for some great rigging but there have been some guys doing it already. When it gets a little better I will try and get you out and show you what I use and how I do it. Everyone does it a little differant so it may be good to go with a couple differant guys. The way I do it works well for me but may not for others. I am 6 years into it now and may be a little more aggressive than most. I do not stick with the open water and catch more fish by getting up in the trees and shallower than what most guys do. It is addictive and can get expensive also. I have used several rod holders and think I have found the best in the Hi-Teks. Easy to make adjustments and are very durable. I have used mine for three years and have not torn them up yet so that should say something about them. I use the B'n'M pro staff trolling rods and only use 12' here on Truman. Tony has a great new trolling rod in the 14' Ozarks he came out with or improved on this last year. Heard lots of good things about them also. But for the price I can buy the B'n'M PST's they are hard not to use. Let me know before you buy rods and I will let you know a great place to buy them. Lots of opinions on what brand of rods and what length is best but for on Truman the 12' is plenty long in the dirty water. When it gets closer to the end of Febuary give me a shout and I will find an opening to get you out.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Jarred. Will definetly look you up in Feb. Looking forward to learning something new

Post Thanks / Like

If you go to our website in my signature line, the is a Tab for crappie fishing. If you click on it you will get all of our crappie trips. Go back to May through Aug and we have several videos that go over how we set the boat up and how to fish a brush pile. Many posts have vidoes or you can go to your youtube page, kansasoutdoorsman1 Good luck.
    It's not duck season so I have to do something... :D

You are welcome to join us on in outdoor adventures in Kansas. Come along for the ride at www.kansasoutdoorsman.com ~ This is our outdoor adventures of Kansas Hunting and Fishing!!!

Post Thanks / Like

thanks springhill. I have not had a good trip in kansas yet. maybe this year i can get over there and have a better trip...