Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coastal Angler Magazine Seminar Slabs

Post Thanks / Like

Default Coastal Angler Magazine Seminar Slabs

This one's for Crappiegirl1...Caught these early Saturday before my 11am seminar at Boat Tree Marina Sanford. The folks at the seminar liked the live fish, we raised over $400 for Anglers for Conservation's Hook kids on fishing.
    Anyone can enter our FREE Central Florida Shad and Crappie Derby, fish anywhere in Florida, and win great prizes. Coastal Angler Magazine Orlando's Shad and Crappie Derby Web Site
    Name:  BoatTreeSeminarSlabs1-14-2011.jpg
Views: 499
Size:  47.2 KB

Post Thanks / Like

Nice fish. Ya ought to come to the slabfest, probably get lots of pics for your magazine.
    Last edited by huntinslabs; 01-16-2012 at 09:28 PM. Reason: autospell again

Altamonte Springs, FL (mostly fish Geneva area)
    Post Thanks / Like

This derby is alot of fun and thats what it's all about. Getting in on the shad run is one of my favorite times of the year next to Christmas.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm going Shad Fishing by The Jolly Gator Fish Camp in the morning with Capt. Tom Van Horn. I'll let u know if they're biting. Last week the shad were within half a mile either side of mullet lake boat ramp...last Friday Tom caught 7 near the Jolly Gator.

I hope someone from Crappie.com turns in a 16+ incher to our crappie derby!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CoastalAngler1 View Post
    I'm going Shad Fishing by The Jolly Gator Fish Camp in the morning with Capt. Tom Van Horn. I'll let u know if they're biting. Last week the shad were within half a mile either side of mullet lake boat ramp...last Friday Tom caught 7 near the Jolly Gator.

I hope someone from Crappie.com turns in a 16+ incher to our crappie derby!!!
    Awesome. I'm planning to be at Mullet Lake tomorrow morning and will also let you guys know. So far me and a friend have seen ALOT of small males around 11-12" to the fork around mullet lake. Saturday morning my buddy caught 9 males and lost several more. The next day, only 3. Perhaps the females are following soon?

Post Thanks / Like

females to 18.5 inches to fork in Tom's boat last Friday, Jolly Gator...

Post Thanks / Like

dang i'm jealous now. 18.5" would be a solid contender ! I bet that one put up a nice fight.

I may try mullet lake first and then go down to cs lee park in the afternoon...sounds like the shad are further south than I thought.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CoastalAngler1 View Post
    This one's for Crappiegirl1...Caught these early Saturday before my 11am seminar at Boat Tree Marina Sanford. The folks at the seminar liked the live fish, we raised over $400 for Anglers for Conservation's Hook kids on fishing.
    Anyone can enter our FREE Central Florida Shad and Crappie Derby, fish anywhere in Florida, and win great prizes. Coastal Angler Magazine Orlando's Shad and Crappie Derby Web Site
    Thanks for the pictures! And thanks for remembering! Nice fish! Ill be back over to Monroe soon and hope to fill my well with a few of those! Who knows i might even run in to some Shad!
    I am planning on winning the WOMENS side of the Crappie DERBY!
    Glad to see you post on Crappie. Com. I'm sure many of us would like for you to stick around and give us some hints and tips as you see fit!

Post Thanks / Like

CoastalAngler1, hey how'd it go at Jolly Gator this morning?

As planned I went to Mullet lake this morning and caught 2 shad, 11.25" and 14.5" ...both males and all on pink grubtails. Chartreuse just wasn't working today.

Post Thanks / Like

Caught 3 shad, 18 crappy, 1 big sunshine bass. Shad were 17, 17.5, and 18. Crappy were up to 1.5 lbs, kept 8 biggest. Darn battery for the yamaha was an issue, taking a charge now. I saw the FWC shock boat, they said they're shocking by Mullet lake tomorrow to count shad.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast