Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: The final tournament for 2006 in the books

David Waters is offline Moderator Shoals Area Crappie Association Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default The final tournament for 2006 in the books

man, we saved our best tournament for last fellas. What a weigh-in. What some beautiful fish brought to the scales. 7 teams fished on Pickwick for our classic tournament and the results are here.

First Place Jeff and Alison White with 10.95 pounds.Way to go Jeff, and how about that 9 year old!!!! In her first tournament she beats the big boys with an outstanding bag of fish. The crankbait duo put it on us today. You should have seen the looks from folks when those plainer boards went by !!

Second Place- Jeff Barnes with 10.91 pounds
    Ladies and gentlemen, Jeff is oen heck of a fishermen. He is out of town almost all the time, and can come home from his job in Arkansas and catch that many quality fish. I tell you what, if he were here all the time, he might win every tournament. He is dangerous with his homemade brushpiles/gps corrdinates, and his one jiggin pole. Good job Jeff.

Third Place-- Bevan Berry with 8.08 pounds. Bevan can just plane ol fish. Usaually with a partner, he was by himself today and caught some great fish shallow. Bevan is an outstanding sideways troller, but loves to cast this time of year. His day started slow, but quickly changed when the fish started to turn on just before noon.

Fourth Place- Keith Dodd and Don Ledbetter with 8.02 poundsThese two guys will just hang around until they find the fish. THey somehow sneak up on you and befor eyou know it, they are in the lead for the points race. Good job with these fish. They caught their fish long lining with 16th ounce jigs around Arora springs.

Fifth place-- Brad Whitehead and Mark Mitchell with 7.80 poundsBrand and Mark brought in 7 fish after catching over 25. THey caught the lunker that weighed 2.21. Brad also had the lunker last month with the exact same weight of 2.21. They tightlined most of the day in 17-20 feet of water.

Sixth place was David Waters with 3.53
    I had a very tough day of finding fish. I couldn't make up my mind weither to long line or tight line. Neither was working well and when the fish turned on about lunch, I still had trouble. A hard day fishing, but at least I was fishing!

Rex Davis decided not to weigh in his fish, opting rather to watch the weigh in and get home to clean the very nice mess of catfish he ended up catching!!!!!!

The SACA has the absolute best sponsor anyone could ask for. Milner Rushing has consistantly stepped up to the plate and brought over $100 worth of door prizes to yet another of our tournaments. Mrs. Banres has gone well and beyond the call of duty and I personlaly want to that her and Milner Rushing for making our tournaments even more special with these prizes.

This ends the year for us and we start a brand new one the last Saturday in May. We have our banquet a week from this Monday (May 1st) at 6pm at Maxwell's steak house in Muscle Shoals. All members and family are invited. End of the year awards will be given out while we look back at our first season as a crappie association.
    Last edited by David Waters; 04-22-2006 at 02:50 PM.
    Shoals Area Crappie Association

Post Thanks / Like

Just wanted to say thanks to the club, for letting us foreigners fish
    with ya, and to the Barnes family and Milner-Rushing...
    I think Allison was as much if not more tickled with the tackle boxes she
    won in the drawing than the fishing. I know whats coming next time we
    hit Wal-Mart - she'll be wanting to fill them up.
    Oh, and don't forget to ask David when you see him, if he has tripped
    any senior citizens lately :D Didn't know he had such a sadistic streak
    in him :p (kidding, but ask him about it)
    Oh, and you are right on in your thinking on Jeff Barnes -
    if he ever comes in off the road and is home all the time,
    we can hang it up! But I guess that'll be ok, as long as he'll
    take me fishing every once in awhile
    Last edited by J White; 04-24-2006 at 12:50 AM.
    Shoals Area Crappie Association