Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Kankakee 4-22-06

Post Thanks / Like

Default Kankakee 4-22-06

Fishaholic and I went to the Kankakee River today and had a great time. We hit the bayou for a while but only one bass was boated. Then we got on the river and went to some of the bayous off it and did well. Fish caught several largemouth and this northern. He hooked another large northern but lost it!!! I caught a few largemouth and this one lonesome crappie!!! Fish was giving me a hard time for being "crappiehunter" and not catching any crappie. I had to at least show him that I could!!!! ~roflmao It was a good day on the river. I've got to learn about bass fishing but picked up a couple pointers today!!!

GOD Guest

Hey Mike, glad to see your catching fish on the river. I live so close to it but have never fished it. I'm hoping you wouldn't mind maybe answering a few questions that I have about the river in a PM or email before I try to tackle it. I hit Potato Creek Thur. the 20th and had a dozen nice keeper crappie, with 5 over 13". Hope to hear from ya. Oh, and I see you to ranfish1, you need to eat those strip pit gills, mmmm mmmm good!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Kank

Ask away God. I'd be glad to share what I know. The river has a lot to offer that many don't pursue.

Post Thanks / Like

Default hey guppy...

nice to hear about potato creek.
    we have never fished there.
    may i ask, did you use live bait or jigs.
    any info would be helpful, as we are thinking of going once the weather breaks again.
    i see were not too far apart.

Post Thanks / Like

Default god sorry

sorry i got the name wrong, i posted guppy.
    any help would be appreciated.