Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Super Glue Jigs?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Super Glue Jigs?

Hi!

Sorry for the dumb question but I did a search but didn't really find what I was wondering.

Can you use superglue to help hold the tube/plastic/beavertail up against the jig head to keep it from sliding down?

Or is this a bad idea due to the smell or taste of the glue?

I'm fishing with Yum Wooly Beavertails and it just seems they like to slide back after a cast or two, although the jig heads don't have any kind of keeper thingys (technical term) to keep from from sliding dwon the hook.

I suppose I should just look for a better type of jig head right?

Joe

Post Thanks / Like

Joe the glue will not hurt anythig when I use to fish a lot of bass tournaments we used it on soft plastic and a number of other thing had no problems at all. If it workes on your mind just use some sent. I also use it on hair jigs for Crappie, a little dab on the thred and it is thair.

mikeg

Post Thanks / Like

Weve used super glue for years.your plastics wont get torn up so fast and youll catch more fish before you have to replace your plastic.

Post Thanks / Like

I was a watching a pro on TV just this week and that was one of his tips.

Post Thanks / Like

glue works

mottlet

Post Thanks / Like

I have also used super glue, both fresh water and salt water. It works for me

Gonefission
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

I love to put super glue on my jigs. When you get a cut or get a good finning just super glue the cut up.

Post Thanks / Like

I have wondered about the glues chemicals outgassing too. Evidently it's so minute that the fish don't detect it. I have not used superglue to hold my plastic baits skirts on the jig head but a few times. I don't remember it having much effect on my catches. I still have 6 small freezer bags of fillets in my freezer from Last October. I need to get them eaten so that I can catch some more fish this spring. I tried to get my neighbor to take them tonight but he had already gone out to eat this afternoon at the Log In in Haubstadt, IN. And if you have ever eaten there you know they put on the feed bags big time there. They are a family style restaurant and they put out big bowls of all types of food. Green Beans, Corn, Biscuits, Gravy, Chicken, Roast Beef, Mash Potatoes, and lots of good pies for desert. It's all you can eat and you can take home a dogie bag. So tonight my good neighbor brought me some left over Chicken breasts and thighs. They were ummm uumm good. Put some honey on them and they go down easy. I already had some Chinese this afternoon. I was out working on the boat getting it ready to go fishing tomorrow and had not eaten much all day. So the chicken dinner was a nice treat. Been eating too much fish last wee, Only suppose to eat about 1lb of fish in a week these days because of the mercury in the fish. Got to give the mercury time to get out of the body before you eat the next fish meal. That takes about a week or two for just one pound of fish. And women of child bearing age are not suppose to eat any fish according to the officials recommendations. Mercury does more harm to infants and small children because their nervous systems and brains are still developing. Even though the fish has good oils in it the mercury is making the otherwise good to eat fish unsafe to eat routinely.

If you ever read the story about the Perry Expedition you can find out what heavy metals can do to you when you are exposed to too much heavy metals. That party was stranded somewhere in the Ice up North. Their ships had become stuck in the ice off the North American Coast and they could not move all winter long. But they had this new thing called Canned meat. The only thing is that they sealed the tin cans with lead. The lead was was dissolved into the food inside the cans since lead is readily soluble in acidic solutions. The food inside was evidently on the acid side. Many years later they found the bodies of these guys and examined the remains and found that they had high concentrations of lead in the corpses. They reburried the bodies and years later a second group of researchers found the graves and again dug up the bodies and autopsy them for a second time. They found high lead concentrations in them too.

The reason these sailors and expedition guys died in the arctic was due to severe lead poisoning. They could not reason and got lost. You can't navigate the ice flow with lead on the brain. And these were husky and big experience men who were used to sailing and exploring the world and risking their lives in dangerous places. The only thing new in this situation was the new tin cans with lead in them. These men died a cold miserable death because of lead poisoning.

You see these guys knew that their ship was stuck in the ice and not going anywhere soon so they set off on foot trying to make it to civilization and never got there. They died and there was records found that told of the story. Now those of you that doubt that lead can be harmful had better read up on this story. You may want to change your minds before it's too late. Melting lead and breathing the fumes is not a very healthy thing to do. Even touching lead can dissolve it into your skin tissue in small amounts. That's why the experts recommend that you wash your hands and wear a respirator when working with lead. Always work with this stuff with good ventilation. If I could setup a good negative air ventilation system that would carry the lead fumes away I would make my own jigs. But as the old saying goes, we all have to die sooner or later. I choose later if you please.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe58
    Hi!

Sorry for the dumb question but I did a search but didn't really find what I was wondering.

Can you use superglue to help hold the tube/plastic/beavertail up against the jig head to keep it from sliding down?

Or is this a bad idea due to the smell or taste of the glue?

I'm fishing with Yum Wooly Beavertails and it just seems they like to slide back after a cast or two, although the jig heads don't have any kind of keeper thingys (technical term) to keep from from sliding dwon the hook.

I suppose I should just look for a better type of jig head right?

Joe
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

Default Why Moose Why?

Have you already slipped back into your old ways of writing a novel in every thread?
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 04-23-2006 at 03:48 AM. Reason: let's don't make it worse by "quoting" long responses
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry

Post Thanks / Like

Oops...thanks, CP ~!
    Last edited by tnvol; 04-23-2006 at 07:24 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast