Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Automatic polaris help???

Post Thanks / Like

Default Automatic polaris help???

Anybody know anything about these? I inherited one, and I'm lost, never put a wrech on one.
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944

Post Thanks / Like

I use to race dirtbikes and worked on my own stuff. What are you having trouble with.
    Blakemore/Roadrunner pro staff
    Southern Pro Tackle/ Pro Staff
    Driftmaster Rodholders
    Ranger Boats

Post Thanks / Like

Long story short, this is my son's, and now its at my house. I know no history on it, other than the old guy the bought it from ripped them off. The carb was in horrible shape, rebuilt that today, new plugs, new battery, I have it starting and running perfect. Once you put it in gear, it just wants to jump, a foot or two at at time. It will run in reverse OK up to half throttle, forward just aint happening. Does it have trans fluid in it? If so, I can't find it anywhere. I hope I explained that the way it sounded in my head.

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't know anything about them but have auto Yamaha. Sounds like a worn out drive belt. That half throttle reverse shold be right, it is safety feature no full throttle in reverse. If I am not mistaken it has a belt over a expandable clutch. It is a pulley the belt goes around and expands as RPM increases. I guessing either the belt is worn out or that pulley is bad. Should be a big cover on one side that all this fits under and no oil. Hope this helps some.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cray View Post
    Don't know anything about them but have auto Yamaha. Sounds like a worn out drive belt. That half throttle reverse shold be right, it is safety feature no full throttle in reverse. If I am not mistaken it has a belt over a expandable clutch. It is a pulley the belt goes around and expands as RPM increases. I guessing either the belt is worn out or that pulley is bad. Should be a big cover on one side that all this fits under and no oil. Hope this helps some.
    Thanks, I'll take a look this morning.