Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Thanks to Talquin Lodge and Litewirehooker

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks to Talquin Lodge and Litewirehooker

This is an overdue post to say thanks to the folks at the Lake Talquin Lodge and to Mr. Curtis Hobbs (Litewirehooker). We made a first trip to Talquin between Christmas and New Years and cannot say enough nice things about the accommodations or the people there at the dock. Unfortunately, we managed to be there while a big front passed thru blowing ourselves and everyone else off the lake on Day One. Day Two was much better and we managed to scratch out some fish before heading back to the Jacksonville area.

While waiting out the the wind, we had plenty of time to talk to some of the Talquin regulars and they could not have been more helpful. I don't remember everyone's name but we certianly appreciated the help and recommendations while we were there. In particular, Curtis took the trouble to take us to his boat, discuss how he was rigged,et. Thanks for your time and willingness to try and pour some Talquin know how into my wooden ear.

I was a user of his jigs prior to this trip and can recommend them highly. Those of you fishing Crescent, Dead Lake, Rodman any of our other well known hang up spots close to Jacksonville would find those jigs are going to keep you fishing more instead of retying more.

From Jacksonville you're a 3 to 3.5 hr ride to Talquin, I'd recommend the Lake Talquin Lodge to anyone that's looking to fish some new water. The fish are there and we'll be ready for them on trip number 2.

Anthony E

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from Central florida, your gonna find your in good hands in the Jax area. Ya got Slabkeeper, Pontiac, Southern Young Gun and a few others up there. And I have heard nothing but good about Talquin and Curtis and his hooks. I havent fished either YET, but hopefully that will change some time this year. Hope ya can make the slabfest at crescent.

Post Thanks / Like

Love that lodge. Hooker is the man

"Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after".
    -Henry David Thoreau-

Post Thanks / Like

I was down there when that front passed thru...It was tough but glad you managed a few fish on Day 2...Please accept my apologies for the weather. I always seem to bring a front with lots of wind with me ...I am gonna sneak down there next time and confuse mother nature...Hope to meet you on your next trip to Talquin!!

litewirehooker is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Always good to meet members of the Crappie.com Family. Always glad to share info on how we try to catch fish at Lake Talquin. As with any lake, knowledge of the lake is very important. I have been fortunate to fish Lake Talquin and learn little bit on where the fish may be biting. Welcome the opportunity to meet/share info on lake Talquin with any and all Crappie.com members. Look for the Golf Cart with of course "Litewirehooks" on the windshield and say hello.
    http://litewirehooks.com/
    [email protected]
    Every day you do not fish will be one day less you have to fish

Post Thanks / Like

my first choice this year was lake talquin but warm weather sent me further south might stop on way home love a lake with stripers and crappie they hit exactly the same lures just vary the size and the game is on and i still like tebow