Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: $5 a gal 4 gas

Post Thanks / Like

Default $5 a gal 4 gas

I heard on th news last night gas has a good chance of hitting $5 a gal. At that price fishing in my boat will be cut back ALOT. So will alot of other things.
    Bill

Andrus Cove, La. (between Lake Arthur & Jennings)
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like I may be buying a horse to go back and forth to work. I have plenty of grass for him to eat. The gas prices are getting crazy . I work 7 days on and 7 days off and am spending $200 driving back and forth for work in 7 days. There is no extra trips to town or just going ride for the fun of it.

Warren
    The postings on this site by me, Marshrat, are opinion only unless specified as truth. I will not be held responsible for anyone using my opinions as an aliby to keep from getting in trouble with the law.:D

Post Thanks / Like

Did you watch CNN yesterday where they had the X CEO of EXON who has retired. He was saying that he didn't hear from the Fed Government when Oil was at 10 a barrel and he DOESN"T WANT to hear from them now that oil is at $75 a barrel.

The SOB does not give a rats batutie about anyone but his own. Greedy big sob.

He should be made to live on a island with ten other poor people and then we would see just how good he is with his hands. Make him work a little bit instead of letting everyone else do the hard work while he reaps the majority of the benefits. Homestead sure did change the shape of American. And Bush would have surly back Carnagae Steel.

He is retiring and making hundreds of Millions of dollars in RETIREMENT.

I would just love to get him and his kind and see the mob get ahold of them.

I wish that they would publish his home address and private phone numbers so that all the irate citizens who area paying over $3.00 a gallon for gas right now could give him a piece of their mind. But he said he didn't want to hear it. The arrogance of that guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshrat
    Looks like I may be buying a horse to go back and forth to work. I have plenty of grass for him to eat. The gas prices are getting crazy . I work 7 days on and 7 days off and am spending $200 driving back and forth for work in 7 days. There is no extra trips to town or just going ride for the fun of it.

Warren
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

Lets see here. Oil at $10 a barrel and gas prices around 50 cents a gallon. Oil prices at $75 dollars a barrel and gas prices at $3. Oil is 7 1/2 time the price it was but gasoline is only 6 times the previous price. Maybe we need a price INCREASE on gasoline to bring us back in line with relative prices 35 years ago.

Post Thanks / Like

Gas doesn't need to go any higher....not with oil compaines that reduced refining capability a couple of years back to drive up the prices. Now they're reaping record profits. Greedy SOBs.
    Fish on!:D

3 Bald Stooges of Percy Priest Lake - Co Founder

Post Thanks / Like

Too bad we can't power our vehicles with good old fashioned methane.Hook up a hose to one's arse and away you go.:D
    CrappieMagnet

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrappieMagnet
    Too bad we can't power our vehicles with good old fashioned methane.Hook up a hose to one's arse and away you go.:D
    Only 1 out of 3 people produce methane. Which means that those would be worked double-time. That's a lot of beans.......

Andrus Cove, La. (between Lake Arthur & Jennings)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ThrillSeeker
    Gas doesn't need to go any higher....not with oil compaines that reduced refining capability a couple of years back to drive up the prices. Now they're reaping record profits. Greedy SOBs.
    If I remember correctly, the newest refinery in the US is (antique) better than 30 years old, and the gov't won't let the oil companies build new ones to keep up with the demand for fossil fuels. So that is some of the reason for the price of fuel being so high.

Warren
    The postings on this site by me, Marshrat, are opinion only unless specified as truth. I will not be held responsible for anyone using my opinions as an aliby to keep from getting in trouble with the law.:D

Post Thanks / Like

Default This sorry government has had thirty years to do something

Hey I remember theb oycott and talks of rationing, odd-day/even day fill-ups, and all that. Eveyrthing that was put in place to reduce dependance on foreign oil was gutted by Reagan and his minions.
    The bureaucrats have refused to make the truck manufacturers improve fuel economy, they gutted all the conservation tax programs aimed at the consumer and they raised speed limits. Now we're being held hostage by a bunch of Middle East countries that would like to see us destroyed. Well, duh.

I have to say,though, I don't have a lot of sympathy for the people who fly by me at 70 mph in their Yukons and Hummers, or leave their vehicles idling while they go into the bank or post office. And somebody please justify the fuel wasted on automobile racing. Entertainment (if you can call it that) is no excuse. - Roberta
    "Anglers are born honest,
    but they get over it." - Ed Zern

Post Thanks / Like

Now I don't like races. but what if everyone else thought the same about us fishing and running our boats?
    Watch out for what you wish for. AS it just may happen to you also.
    Pete

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast