Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is this normal??

Post Thanks / Like

Default Is this normal??

Im a newbie so be easy on me...........

At the local lake the other day crappie fishing. Caught a small bluegill, but I hooked it in the eye. By the time I got the hook out, it was dead. Tossed it in some real shallow water right on the bank, thinking a turtle would come by and have a nice meal. So about 30 minutes later, im fishing, completely forgot about the dead bluegill, and I hear some splashing where I put the fish. Thought it was a turtle, but I was wrong. It was a frog. Smaller then the fish, with the fish in its mouth. Every 10 seconds or so it would suck more and more of the fish into its mouth, until it was gone.

I thought it was pretty odd, so I took some pictures of it. Should have them tomorrow. NOBODY at my work believes me until they see the pictures. Is this really that rare of a sight?

Love the site!
    GO BENGALS!

Post Thanks / Like

beats me but mother nature is something else
    [never snap at the hand that feeds ya

Post Thanks / Like

Can't wait to see the pictures. Agree with painterfish, "mother nature in the wild is something else"

Post Thanks / Like

Bullfrogs are known to eat chipmunks and birds that get into the water. They are pretty high up the food chain as far as amphibians go.

Next time you eye hook a fish, use your side cutters to cut off the barb and pull it out from the inside. It does the least amount o fdamage and hooks are cheap. When bluegill fishing, I usually pinch down the barb to make removal easier. - Roberta
    "Anglers are born honest,
    but they get over it." - Ed Zern

Post Thanks / Like

I cleaned a bullfrog one time with a small snapping turtle in his stomach. They will eat anything they can get in their mouth!

Post Thanks / Like

That sound interesting. I would like to see some pictures.

Gonefission
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

I discovered by accident about 20 years ago that the best way to catch bullfrogs was to cast a rubber frog (no matter which brand) close to reeds or other green cover and they would jump on the lure every time and give you a fight you won't believe. This is of course in the warm months when they are most active. :D

Post Thanks / Like

I watched a squirrel eat a dead bird once.

Post Thanks / Like

If Bullfrogs got as big as St. Bernards it would'nt be safe to go outside...izzy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by izzysfishin
    If Bullfrogs got as big as St. Bernards it would'nt be safe to go outside...izzy
    ROFLMAO!!! if bull frogs get that big, i am moving to mars or somewhere where they are not able to gulp us down like a bluegill!!!! then again, they can probly jump to mars when they are that big good story, i got a kick out of it
    CoRy:cool:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast