Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: extendo poles

Post Thanks / Like

Default extendo poles

who fishes with the extendo/single eyelet poles?Last year on a couple night outs, these poles were the ones that brought in most of the fish.I set a couple out(no bobber,only hook and minnow) and bobber fished with a ultra lite. Pretty soon, all I was doing was babysitting the long poles.Anyone had this happen? I am putting 4 on the pontoon besides the ultralites this year.

Post Thanks / Like

not sure what poles you are talking about...Would that be the cane poles

Post Thanks / Like

I'm asumming your talking about tele-scopic graphite or fiberglass poles. That's all i use 12' 14' & 16' but i cut about 6" off the tip's for more strenght there too limber otherwise
    Last edited by CrappieLips; 04-22-2006 at 02:14 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Yea the telescopic poles.Thanks for the reply. Sounds like I am on the right path.The canes I have is OLD and brittle... scares me to hook a big un anymore.

Post Thanks / Like

I use B&M slow trollers. I have all the sizes but don't buy the 20 foot unless you really need it. It is a very heavy rod to spider with and will loosen and wallow out Black Widow holders. It also is hard to boat the fish with it. The 8 footers are too short so I wish I would have just had 10 or 13 footers instead of 8's.

Thanks for the tip to cut off the 6 inches.
    I think the mistake a lot of us make is thinking the state-appointed shrink is our friend.