Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Depth,Fishfinder,Structure

Post Thanks / Like

Default Depth,Fishfinder,Structure

Hello Everyone,
    I recently got a lowrance hds 10, structure scan,side image,down scan unit been trying to learn all I can reading book, internet ect. I wanted to get opinions from you all on CDC. When boat is moving over structure aprox. 4- 8 miles per hour and structure is first seen on screen on right hand side of screen moving to left hand side of screen. Where is exactly the structure under boat, if I threw a marker out at my transducer as SOON as I first see it on the right hand side of screen would the lead and string land on top of structure.

Also structure scan looks beautiful if you are moving over structure ,but if you stop over know structure is does not look the same . Do you have to be moving for it to work right. I did read that for a fish to arch on sonar you had to be moving . But the tree or structure does not show on structure scan mode sitting still. Is this normal ?

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok. At 4 mph, you move about 6 feet per second, at 8 mph, you move at about 12 feet per second. If you slow throwing out the marker, then you gonna miss your target multiplied by your delay time. But, the wonderful thing about the HDS is that you can scroll back in time and find what you missed and mark a waypoint and then do a goto function and go find it. You dont need a marker. You can us the backtrack on any screen, 2d si di, and backtrack. If you wanna use a marker, slow down, but that defeats the purpose of the backtrack function.

Like any sonar, you gotta be moving or it will just draw lines and gobs.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"