Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Plastic Boxes & Worm Binders

Post Thanks / Like

Default Plastic Boxes & Worm Binders

Three week old Newbie here. Really learning a lot from all of you and very happy with Crappie.com. Storage... what is a guy to do? I recently came across a thread by huntinslabs, “Worm Binders.” The “Double Worm Binder Bag” like the one at BPS provides great flexibility to storage. I’m sure to pick one up. Also, I found another possible worm binder on the web. Finsport Fly Wallets found at Cabelas. I’ll use the BPS to place manufacturer bagged baits, hooks, etc. as well as my repackaged items. I’ll also use the plastic 1060 and 1070 and maybe a few other size boxes too and throw them all in a soft satchel.

My issue in all of this is with those darn boxes. Seems that the manufacturers just can’t get out of the box. Pun intended. I feel stuck with a bunch of permanent compartments to add inserts to. No real flexibility when it comes to user preferences. Sooo, I modified a 3060 box and am calling it Box Proto 001. I’ll see how it holds up during the next season. It would be nice if manufacturers would do some similar basic designs that allowed inserts to be used to further compartmentalize.

Using a Dremel I cut out two of three dividers leaving the center divider. Off of the center divider I used the inserts to redesign the box layout. The dividers were cemented with Loctite Super Glue Ultra Gel. Used a sharp chisel to clean-up plastic. Warning: My first time using a Dremel. Some cuts too high or low and wrong speed causing melting plastic. Safety Glasses were used.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from Florida, and you will be amazed how much you can pack in them worm binders. But I will be keeping an eye on this project of yours. Interesting

Post Thanks / Like

istill have lots of bass plastics in ziplock bags with oil.
    i do the same now with crappie jig bodies now

Post Thanks / Like

What kind of oil do you use? Or are you just refering to the original bags that the bodies come in?

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jig'n4Crappie View Post
    What kind of oil do you use? Or are you just refering to the original bags that the bodies come in?
    I just spray a little Pam cooking spray on mine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

from va,I use a little fish oil
    CRAPPIE fishing is not a sport, its a way of life!