Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Cant post pics anymore

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cant post pics anymore

Ive notice that i cant click on the manage attachments button, to post pics. Can someone help me out? Thanks
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, D.I........take a look at this text below and see if it matches each step that you are using. Usually, it's the attatchment size that causes trouble and is rejected, take a look.......

2) The attatchment method........Right click on your photo, click on "resize pictures," then "advanced," then "custom," you will see two numbers. Delete them and enter 440 X 330, click on "OK" and it's resized. The resizer will not change the original photo,( unless you specify it ), but it will duplicate it in the size of the pixel number you entered. The pic you resized will have the word "custom" in it's title....be sure that's the one you select to post. Now, go to the forum and select either "new thread" or "reply", enter your subject and text, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on "manage attachments", select "browse", and find the pic you want to post. Left click on it once and hit "open." This will take you back to "manage attachments," click on "upload," then "close this window," then click on "submit reply" or "submit new thread," whichever applies. You will not see your pic until you submit it. If you have your pics in "My Pictures," you can find them quickly when you browse....... if they are in a Kodak program (which I use to edit photos) you may have trouble navigating to them. My Pictures are already integrated in my computer, I link them together for convenience. I would advise you to go to the Test Area and have a few practice runs before you post in the forum. Click on the crappie on the upper left on the state forum page, on the page it takes you to, scroll down till you see "test area," click on it and post a few to get the feel of it. .

Take a look at this article to make sure you have everything you need in a resizer.

http://www.crappie.com/articles/post..._by_labill.htm

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

D.I. make sure your popup blocker isn't enabled. That would prevent you from adding attatchments.

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Try changing your message editor....That worked for me...Just go to user cp on top left of page...Go to edit options and click on message editor and change it there...Hope that helps...I also go to attachments and delete all my old attachments.It saves space .
    Last edited by crappiequeennc; 04-21-2006 at 05:53 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

DI:
    I use Paint Shop Pro 9 for graphics work. I can resize my graphic files so that they take up less memory and can be uploaded to Crappie.com using the manage attachments feature.

But if you use PhotoBucket you can better manage your pictures. BTW Photobucket is free and give me plenty of server space to play with.

And pictures uploaded to photo bucket and then linked to crappie.com can be larger in size and memory requirements due to the fact that the actual picture is not stored on crappie.com's server. The pictures are stored on the photobucket server and you can save larger graphics files on the photobucket server.

If you do choose to create an album on photobucket you will setup a user name and password. Then you can go to photobucket enter your album using your user name and password and then proceed to upload photos to the photobucket server from your own personal computer's harddrive.

Once the pictures are uploaded onto the photobucket server you can use the [IMG] link to photo [/IMG] capablity on crappie.com to link multiple photos to any post you make on crappie.com

Hope this helps.

If you need some more help PM me and I'll try to walk you though it step by step.

It seems complicated but it's not really. You just have to do it a few times to figure it out. Once you learn the steps its really faster and more capable using photobucket.

When you use your own harddrive to post pictures you can post one picture that will show up on your post. But if you try to post two pictures in a post you will only get two links instead of the picture showing automatically on crappie.com

Quote Originally Posted by drill instructor
    Ive notice that i cant click on the manage attachments button, to post pics. Can someone help me out? Thanks
    Regards,

Moose1am

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drill instructor
    Could you be clicking on "Quick reply" instead of "Post reply"? Quick reply doesn't give you the manage attachments option.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va