Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Reflections- Do you know....

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Reflections- Do you know....

After attending our most recent, successful slabfest at Monroe last weekend, I ashamedly realized how fortunate I/we are to have that opportunity of enjoying the Sport of Crappie fishing. This availability was afforded to us by the originator Ed Moes(Slab) of Crappie.com- many of us should already know this. I personally witnessed many thank you's/handshakes by Florida clubmembers Saturday because of Slabs coincidental itinerary in an Orlando 5K run that his wife was participating in, making him able to be at our well attended slabfest. That being said I would like to take my hat off to the individual who was responsible for initating the ball rolling for our Florida Forum, I am confident only a few would know this....personal thanks to Mr. ChuckAuten...he helped in a big way to get us on the map for these bigger and bigger Fests. For those that attended the recent Fest, isn't it just mind blowing that a lot of the things that made this Fest and after-Fest reporting/slideshow etc. were enjoyed by Crappie.com State Forums across the NATION!! The skills of our members are awesome It's hard to fathom that future events will only be gettin' better. First timers/viewers come to these Slabfests, they are meant for You.

u2s

Post Thanks / Like

You are absolutely correct...Only a few would know. Chuck and I talked about this for a while before he finally posted and got it going. And in the short time FL has been having Slabfests, it has rapidly grown into something the FL Board can be proud of...KUDOS to the whole FL Bunch!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Tim- Yes sir, I definitely find value first in the farmer responsible for the great crop, now it's up to us to "work the field" for future "harvests". Any idea of who planted Georgia's seed?
    u2s

Post Thanks / Like

That was before my time, but Rag Fly Jig Man would probably be one of the original starters. Falcon Smitty's name would probably come up also as one of the Slabfest starters.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah Mr. Chuck's a good ole fella.
    ,,,,,,,-------,,7777777,,,,,........99999...........www.catchcarolina.com