Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Hi-tech telescopic rods

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hi-tech telescopic rods

Does anyone here use the Hi-tech telescopic rods grizzly sells? And if so, how well do they work spider-rigging? How much weight can they handle? It says they are made for trolling, but wonder if anyone used them differently. Thanx for any feedback!

Post Thanks / Like

I use the ones that bass pro markets for longlining. Basically the same idea. I like mine, but I am positive there is better but I like having the telescoping rods instead of the long rods in my little boat.

Post Thanks / Like

i have several that i got when i was fishing out of a smaller boat, kinda a space saving idea.....ive only evey used em for spider rigging, but they worked well for that....ive hung a 1/2 ounce off of em....lve since got a bigger boat and upgrade to the cap/coleman series rod but i still mix in the hi-tech rods from time to time, they are useful to vert troll with

-ROMANS 10:9- PHILIPPIANS 4:13

Post Thanks / Like

I had some of them. They work ok, but I don't like having to mess with anything. That's why I use 12'ers. I put them together and leave them together. No telescoping, or putting 3 pieces of rod together, none of that mess.

STUMP HUNTER is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by huntinslabs View Post
    I use the ones that bass pro markets for longlining. Basically the same idea. I like mine, but I am positive there is better but I like having the telescoping rods instead of the long rods in my little boat.
    I have some of the same rods that I use while spider rigging. Never tried to long line with them because they don't have a lot of back bone but they are tough!! I have had my 16' rods bend down under the boat. Never had one to break "yet" and have been using them around 8 years now. Using a heavy sinker the rod tips will bend very easy so you will have to set your rod holders to compensate for the rod-bend.
    I think the ones you are asking about are close to the same rod.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER ---------
    Ascend 133X 13' - MotorGuide Xi3 & Mercury 4

Post Thanks / Like

Used to use em, pushin a 1/2 oz was no problem, you could pull with em as well, they're fine to get started with, I caught a lot of fish on telescopics back in the day!
    I clever quip fishing ironic statement crappie!

Post Thanks / Like

I use hitek 2 piece rods. I have 2-12', 2-10", and 2-8'. Monk has them for $13 for 12' and less for the 10, & 8'. They work well for longlining and i have pushed with them using a 1/2oz lead with no problems. Maybe not top of the line but for the $ they do real good.
    "i only like to fish when i am by myself or with someone"