Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: rod holders for tracker grizzly

Post Thanks / Like

Default rod holders for tracker grizzly

guy's i long line from the back of a tracker grizzly 14 ft.need a 10in.high 2 rod trolling system.i looked at driftmaster online the t-oo9 with 1/2 inch rod are they very sturdy.or would you buy cumberland's or hitek.i have cabelas quick draw but hard to get your rod's out and i miss a lot of fish.will order on line so any help would be nice.only need 2 rod holders with around a 10in.height.
    thank you crappie fisher man's for your help.

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.grizzlyjig.com/html/perotti_bilt.html

With the holder the 6 inch post is around 10 inch, the 2 pole is all stainless steel and very sturdy.
    I clever quip fishing ironic statement crappie!

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Scott at HiTek will make them any height that you want. I have HiTeks on the front and back of my boat and I love them www.hitekstuff.com
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

Hi-Tek will build them any hieght you want. They are great rod holders.

Post Thanks / Like

I just got some from www.laketalquinlodge.com They are all stainless and have a few different sizes. Prices are good and they are very easily adjustable.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by travish10 View Post
    I just got some from www.laketalquinlodge.com They are all stainless and have a few different sizes. Prices are good and they are very easily adjustable.
    Hope you can weld stainless...they gonna break. I had two sets, both broke. The flat flange that the mounting bolt goes through is tthe weak link. Other than that, they are good holders.
    Carl's Guide Service
    Sardis Lake
    Enid Lake
    Grenada Lake
    901-734-7536

Post Thanks / Like

Terry at Cumberland will also make them any height you need. Give him a call. Cumberland Crappie Custom Rod Holder Home
    Tom Hankins
    Lake Fork Trophy Lures
    Whisker Seeker Tackle
    Moss Back Fish Rack
    Cumberland Crappie
    G3 Boats

Post Thanks / Like

I have the driftmaster 2 rod holder, they are solid, just follow the directions and mount the bases to a solid point in the boat, will hold whatever you can catch. I have mine mounted to the bow on my tracker PT175, I used a metal cover from an electrical junction box to re-enforce the mounting area and used screws/lock washers/nuts instead of the wood screws. I have the round bar one and can remove it in a minute if needed. Still solid.
    GO BIG ORANGE !

I meant to behave, but there were just way too many other options available at the time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by feelay View Post
    Hope you can weld stainless...they gonna break. I had two sets, both broke. The flat flange that the mounting bolt goes through is tthe weak link. Other than that, they are good holders.
    I am not to worried about rewelding the stainless, I just want to see those crappie that broke those welds. That is unless, you strung a hammock up between them to take a nap.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by travish10 View Post
    I am not to worried about rewelding the stainless, I just want to see those crappie that broke those welds. That is unless, you strung a hammock up between them to take a nap.
    Sometimes I hang stumps. A tough rod holder is good for more than just fish. Just sayin...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast