Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: does anyone else see the pop-ups?

Post Thanks / Like

Default does anyone else see the pop-ups?

Ok, I maybe behind the curve here but WHY are we seeing pop-ups with russian and asian or phillpion (sp) girls wanting to get married.

others get blocked out by our filters at work, I don't click on them but if they contiue I'm going to have to leave crappie.com cause of the fact those pop-up or ads, may get me in trouble.

Not to mention some of those ads ain't very family friendly. Does anybody else see or know how to block them or stop them all together.
    If you don't get hung every-once-n-a-while you ain't jigg'n it right..:D
    Member of:
    South Carolina Crappie Association TX. Trail
    Vexan Pro-staff Member

Post Thanks / Like

I also see the popups in my margins. And i agree that they are not family friendly. What can be done to stop them?
    "i only like to fish when i am by myself or with someone"

Post Thanks / Like

sounds like you have some type of virus or maleware. you need to run something to clean it out. maybe someone with more knowledge will help you. anti-maleware bytes is one you can download and could help you.

Post Thanks / Like

"Not family friendly" wow You guys kill me. Here's a solution for you. Become a sponsor, then you don't have to see the ads that pay for this site. PS better throw your tv, radio, news papers, etc out of your house.
    "I'll live and die a fisherman."Calling John the Fisherman.."

Post Thanks / Like

Being on a fishing forum while you are at work???????

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stumpjumper View Post
    Ok, I maybe behind the curve here but WHY are we seeing pop-ups with russian and asian or phillpion (sp) girls wanting to get married.

others get blocked out by our filters at work, I don't click on them but if they contiue I'm going to have to leave crappie.com cause of the fact those pop-up or ads, may get me in trouble.

Not to mention some of those ads ain't very family friendly. Does anybody else see or know how to block them or stop them all together.
    Quite simply put ... you're seeing those ads because Google Ads is looking for key words in your message texting, in order to pop-up the ads that qualify to the subject matter of those key words. That's just the way the Google Ads program works, and it's what helps pay the bills for this site (along with Member Sponsor money).

Ed is away from home, I believe ... but, I do believe he can tweak some of the pop-up ad programming "key words" (I believe he had to do this, once before). Send him a PM with your concerns. I'm sure he will look into it.

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Slabs Inc View Post
    "Not family friendly" wow You guys kill me. Here's a solution for you. Become a sponsor, then you don't have to see the ads that pay for this site. PS better throw your tv, radio, news papers, etc out of your house.

Sir,

I don't know what part you may be talking about, but I don't by the way watch or listen to to much on any of the medias you mentioned. And as for becoming a sponsor you may be right but that has nothing to do with what I'm seeing on the sidebars. If they were about anything else related to or from fishing, boating, hunting, wouldn't be a problem, but what i'm seeing is. And for work I do get breaks and lunch.
    Member of:
    Vexan Pro-staff Member

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappiepappy View Post
    Quite simply put ... you're seeing those ads because Google Ads is looking for key words in your message texting, in order to pop-up the ads that qualify to the subject matter of those key words. That's just the way the Google Ads program works, and it's what helps pay the bills for this site (along with Member Sponsor money).

Ed is away from home, I believe ... but, I do believe he can tweak some of the pop-up ad programming "key words" (I believe he had to do this, once before). Send him a PM with your concerns. I'm sure he will look into it.

... cp

Thanks pappy, I'll PM ED. I'm not sure what was going on but didn't think it should be on here, but I'll confess I'm not computor smart when it comes to the behind the seens stuff.
    Member of:
    Vexan Pro-staff Member

Post Thanks / Like

It has everything to do with "what your seeing" if you dont like what YOU are seeing then you might want to check into this.

Crappie.com Supporter - Remove Ads, get more functionality, and support Crappie.com
    Cost:

Support Crappie.com plus remove the ads when you are on the forum, except from the top of the forum (where our sponsors banners are at). You also get Bigger Private Message Mail Box, Bigger Avatar, Bigger Signature, and more attachment space. Ed Moes, Crappie.com - Adventures Online Inc. If you own a business and would like to mention your business in your "signature" you can become a member sponsor (see below). Subscriptions are not refundable.

Post Thanks / Like

Crappie.com Supporter - Remove Ads, get more functionality, and support Crappie.com
    Cost:

Support Crappie.com plus remove the ads when you are on the forum, except from the top of the forum (where our sponsors banners are at). You also get Bigger Private Message Mail Box, Bigger Avatar, Bigger Signature, and more attachment space. Ed Moes, Crappie.com - Adventures Online Inc. If you own a business and would like to mention your business in your "signature" you can become a member sponsor (see below). Subscriptions are not refundable.[/QUOTE]

Thanks,
    I'd never seen that until I did a little looking. But I don't understand why I need to become a supportor; to not see ad's that has nothing to do with this type of forum. I'm not against being a supporter but I don't make or try to make any moneys off this sight, I like it but if I had to pay to be on here then I'll be gone. Pay to look at fishing reports or pictures don't get me wrong there's good info and good people on here and helpful folks but it ain't worth having to pay to read or look at.

my 2 cents.
    Member of:
    Vexan Pro-staff Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast