Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Goodbye Lake Manatee, Hello Australia.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Goodbye Lake Manatee, Hello Australia.

Looks like Terry and I will be heading to Australia for 8 weeks. The economy there is booming and the company I work for has a big contract there. They need I.T. people but due to the cost of airfare you have to stay and work for 8 weeks minimum. Terry is coming with me and we are going to make it an adventure. Too bad we will miss the spawn. We aren't 100% sure yet we are going but its looking more like we will as my company has been trying to get me to go and take a turn there for about 6 months now. But if we end up going I will still check the cdc forums... ;-)

Happy Fishing Everyone!!

Ginny
    "My heart belongs to T.L and M.L." Life is simple.... just add water.

Post Thanks / Like

Fishergurl,
    Think of it as an adventure of a lifetime! They have quite a fishery over there as well. Be safe and
    come back and fish with us when you get back. Send us a post when you figure out what to fish for.
    Tight lines!

BLSD

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck down under...bobber's too, lol! A lot of Aussies use the Popeil "pocket fisherman" also be aware that the fish over there really "jump" on your baits!! Sorry, puns intended, but seriously good luck over there. Didn't look like you were able to make the Monroe fest?
    u2s

Post Thanks / Like

Put me down as officially green with envy

From the phone of Crappiegirl1
    CG1 "Dances with fish"

Post Thanks / Like

Great idea forming
    ------- How about a SLABFEST in Australia! Well save our pennies and fly on over ?

From the phone of Crappiegirl1
    CG1 "Dances with fish"

Post Thanks / Like

Way cool!! Just watch out fer them big crocs over there

Post Thanks / Like

I seen your post about the state park and was hoping to get some tips on where to fish in Lake Manatee, I just moved here and I'm itching to catch some fish. Anyhow, good luck down under, if it is as fun as the people from there you'll have a blast.

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck younglady, do not, i repeat do not pass up this opportunity...............

It will be a great adventure......................one that you will without a doubt
    remember the rest of your life..............I really envy you.................

Good luck

Post Thanks / Like

We ate excited and hope it works out for us to go. We wont have a boat or our fishing gearbut maybe we can charter fish a time or two. It will be fun no matter what we end up doing. Thanks to everyone for the help with our Crappie adventures. We have had many fish frys these last night couple of months and its been great!
    "My heart belongs to T.L and M.L." Life is simple.... just add water.

Post Thanks / Like

Fishergirl, don't know how ya feel in water, but if I were going down there I would be signing up for a scuba class to get certified before hand and then I would spend every chance and available dollar I had diving the Great Barrier reef. That is on mky bucket list along with a trip up the Amazon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast