PDA

View Full Version : TagTeaming Huge Crappie video

UncutAngling
01-10-2012, 12:31 AM
Hey guys, I just finished editing our most recent segment, we love fishing for all fish, but the crappie is one we (like you all) have a very special love for....here is the video clip, I know alot of you guys havent been icefishing, so it should be neat....

Aaron

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLdSOwUSCow

drill instructor
01-10-2012, 02:59 AM
Awesome video guys! Monster slabs in the ice for sure.

bugman
01-10-2012, 06:01 AM
Lordy...lordy those are the real deal!!!!looks like us crappie fishermen haven't been paying enough attention to the north for huge fish....very nice video fellas thanks for taking the time to post it.

skeetbum
01-10-2012, 10:14 AM
Great video with some very large fish. I've never fished on the ice, but that could convert me. Thanks guys.

Blackhawk19
01-10-2012, 11:43 AM
Your making me wish for freezing weather in South Alabama so I can go Ice Fishin RoflRofl

Great Video!!

Slabs Inc
01-10-2012, 11:59 AM
Heavy Hitters

TapOut64
01-10-2012, 08:44 PM
Nice crappie and nice video.

Skeet
01-10-2012, 09:01 PM
It has been 30 years for me since I was up north ice fishing, you sure have gotten high teck

Skeet
01-10-2012, 09:01 PM
Thanks for the video

crappie addict
01-10-2012, 09:54 PM
Loved the video guys! First time I went to Manitoba, to Rainey we sidetracked over to a smaller lake that's about 20 minutes away and we HAMMERED the crappie. I had no idea that I was gonna go up there and do that. Y'all have some great fishing up there and y'all did a great job on the video. Educational, entertaining, and I didn't stop watching till it was over.

Eager Beaver
01-10-2012, 10:14 PM
Welcome to the site from Ne. guys. Great video and wish I could still go Ice fishing. That brings back some great memories. Thanks for posting. EB

CrappieWhisperer
01-10-2012, 10:26 PM
Cool video guys, enjoyed watching you guys have a good time. Those slabs were some real toads too. Keep turnin them fish loose and you'll raise some eyebrows too.

genec
01-11-2012, 08:19 AM
Nice going guys,like watching as the fish creep up you move bait up to look like bait is trying to get away. It work good, I tried it in the south but with long rod must be pulling up too fast,for most of the time I watch the fish go back down on DF,a few times they would still grab it moving upward

Don G
01-11-2012, 08:24 AM
Great video.I have always wanted to try the ice fishing..I like to see them on the flasher..

creekslick
01-11-2012, 09:38 AM
Great bunch of fish guys. I would like to give that a try.

invertedn04
01-11-2012, 09:43 AM
Great video yall.I liked watching how you can see the fish moving toward the bait on the flasher unit.

G.Gordon
01-11-2012, 10:02 AM
Nice!!

alamancecreek
01-11-2012, 12:13 PM
One of the first videos I've actually watched from start to end without skipping ahead a few minutes at a time. EXCELLENT work!!

Rakoprtr
01-11-2012, 01:19 PM
I just don't think my 6horse would push me thru that and I was alwas fought nOt to stand on ice down here

CrappiePro
01-11-2012, 11:46 PM
Beautiful Fish and great video. I think if you guys would try a small loop knot instead of tieing directly to the eye your jig it would stay horizontal in the water, have more action, and you would not haft to keep pushing the knot back every time you catch a fish. Give it a try and thanks for sharing.

UncutAngling
01-12-2012, 03:31 AM
Ahh, love to hear you guys liked it!!! Crappie are such an amazing flasher fish, especially when they are suspended and hungry!

Beautiful Fish and great video. I think if you guys would try a small loop knot instead of tieing directly to the eye your jig it would stay horizontal in the water, have more action, and you would not haft to keep pushing the knot back every time you catch a fish. Give it a try and thanks for sharing.
Crappiepro - with the proportionally long tail it actually sits nearly vertical with a loop knot. I even compensate towards the hook-side of the eye of the jig to make it sit horizontal. I also purposely tie my knot with a double line so that the knot has a stricter grab on the eye and is less likely to slip out of position on a missed bite or aggressive jigging. If you watch closely, you will see both of us adjust the knot before dropping down every single time. It is second nature. And makes a huge difference.

I just don't think my 6horse would push me thru that and I was alwas fought nOt to stand on ice down here
Rakoprtr - I already shared this video here, but in regards to your comment, you should watch this!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XkUUzCFNek

-Aaron

shipahoy41
01-12-2012, 08:19 AM
Well done. Welcome from Alabama.

Billy E
01-12-2012, 08:30 AM
Ready for road trip

Danny W
01-12-2012, 11:01 AM
Glad you guys are on board. Real intertaining stuff. You fella's should think about guiding in the wintertime.

Roy
01-12-2012, 07:40 PM
Really enjoyed your video. Thanks

anchorpuller
01-12-2012, 08:36 PM
Aaron,

Awesome video's! I enjoyed watching them. How in the world to you keep those tender young fingers from freezing?!?!

TDHcrappiemaster
01-12-2012, 08:41 PM
Nice Slabs fella's!
You just can't go wrong with the Lake Fork Baby Shad!

bassbull
01-12-2012, 09:59 PM
Thanks for the vid. and the section on the how too.

Centerliner
01-12-2012, 11:51 PM
Well shot, and nicely edited video guys. Good energy.

One constructive criticism if I might. Please stop shoving the fish out towards the camera, you really don't need to, and we all know it gives a false representation of the fish size.

I would have much more enjoyed your video with you holding all of them in against your chest so I could appreciate their true size. :cool: I knew they were slabs, but you know what I mean... Thumbs Up
You did great showing and explaining the lures you were using, always include that segment. :cheers2

UncutAngling
01-13-2012, 01:20 AM
Centerliner, constructive criticism is always nice to hear, we all have different views and opinions. I do shove the fish right into the camera - every time at least for a moment. Im not trying to fool anyone on the size, and you will never see me or a cohost make exaggerated claims on size in a video (I'm sure you have seen that before on shows?). My reasoning for filling the frame with the fish is to showcase it. Crappies especially, are one of the most beautiful fish, with the amazing greens and yellows in the scales.

There are two ends to this spectrum. One is the shows that are largely filmed from a separate boat and you never even get a good look at the fish. The other is the shows that show very little of the landing or releasing of the fish, and it basically cuts right from the fight into the fish filling the entire frame.

We show you everything.

TDHcrappiemaster
01-13-2012, 07:16 AM
I think you guys have done a great job in showing the fish. Crappie are very hard to get a good picture of. Most times the picture doesn't do the fish justice and I think what you are doing is great. Showing the fish coming out of and going back into the hole really puts things into perspective. THEM FISH ARE HUGE!
Way to go on conservation. Crappie that size in your area probably takes 9 to 12 years?
I have my passport and I'm ready to head up.....LOL!

Thanks for sharing these videos!

JTMavs
01-13-2012, 05:10 PM
Got a feeling I'm about to spend some money on Ice Fishin stuff!

Bronson
01-14-2012, 10:47 PM
Excellent video. Especially appreciated the shots of how you were using your electronics. Looking forward to your future video's.