Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tallahassee/Talquin

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tallahassee/Talquin

Hey Guys

Im new to Florida and Tallahassee. I have crappie fished for many Years in Ohio. Im looking for someone to crappie fish with me. Any takers just shoot me a message.

I took the kids this weekend to a river off North Monroe st. Caught a few real nice ones.

Post Thanks / Like

Brett:
    Check your notifications (PMs)

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome, might want to hit up the Georgia board as well. Lots of them guys fish Talquin. There is several from Florida as well that should be along shortly.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Brett...Welcome to Crappie.com and you are only minutes away from one of the best Crappie lakes in Florida. There are several crappie.com members that fish Lake Talquin and any of us would be more than happy to help you out. Lightwirehooker, Chuck Auten, Heavylead, Rawhide, Quickhook, NoMercy and myself just to name a few all have campers at Lake Talquin Lodge and at least one of us are there at any given time. Lake Talquin Lodge is a fantastic place to launch your boat. It is located midways on the lake and they have a large selection of jigs, lightwire hooks, minnows, fishing line...Just about anything you want or need for crappie fishing...Looking forward to meeting you!!

Brooksville, FL (Originally from Terre Haute, IN.)
    Post Thanks / Like

You have moved to an area that supports crappie fishing at it's best. TNT said it all about the lake and it's camp. What type of boat do you have?

Try and attend the up coming slabfest. That's the way I got started. Looked at everybody boat for rigging and then their style of fishing on the lake. Different from IN and KY fishing.

Chuck
    From Steve Wunderele - 10-2-84 --"A fishing trip maybe brief, but it's memories are endless."

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone for the responses....I continue to here that this is the meca of the crappie fishing world....So Im ready to get started.

I will def go to the camp to meet some of you.

I sold my boat before moving to Florida. I have the wife convinced that its time to get another one. Ive been looking through the threads at posted pics of boats. Im getting so many great ideas. Hopefully I dont go overboard......LOL

Post Thanks / Like

I need some opions. A guy is giving me a 10 ft Jon Boat that does not take on any water. Can I safely use it in Talquin?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brettdawson1 View Post
    I need some opions. A guy is giving me a 10 ft Jon Boat that does not take on any water. Can I safely use it in Talquin?
    No...I better come get it and use it around here for you. It wouldn't be safe in a FREE boat.

Post Thanks / Like

I was gonna say i would race ya there, but yer retired and would have about a 3 day head start. Heck yes it is usable. just understand it's limitations and don't push em.

Post Thanks / Like

Personally, from a safety point of view, I would not take on Talquin in a 10 ft jon boat...or any sizable lake for that matter. I have seen the wind get up in a hurry at Talquin to the point that I wasn't comfortable being in my 17 ft fiberglass boat. The 17 1/2 Alumicraft that I used to have and the 17 ft fiberglass boat I have now have taken on some water on a rough day and I would hate to experience how a 10 ft jon boat would react to rough water. Even on a calm day, the wakes of some boats are pretty tough on a smaller boat....Just my thoughts.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast