Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: grand lake st. mary's

Post Thanks / Like

Default grand lake st. mary's ??????

anybody been fishing GLSM? thinking about fishing the CUSA tourn. on the 29th , and was wondering what the fishing was like right now. like maybe water temp, and if the fish are shallow yet?any info is appreciated.
    thanks
    john :rolleyes: :D
    Last edited by steelguy; 04-21-2006 at 06:30 AM. Reason: add ?????? marks
    fillet em n fry em
    john

Post Thanks / Like

GLSM is my home lake....I have been hitting my "honey holes" 2 to 3 times a week for the last few weeks. I have yet to catch enough to clean.
    It appears the slabs were starting to move into the channels last week. I hope to try again this weekend.

By 4/29 , fishing will be much better , and CUSA draws a respectable size crowd . If you are still planning on fishing , forcasting a 60 % chance of rain.

Maybe I'll see you at the seminar - I'll be wearing Crappie.Com shirt / hat

Good Luck !!

b_c

Post Thanks / Like

thanks fer the update, will keep an eye out for ya if I make it down there.
    fished the channels last year and had a lot of fun.
    always hoping for the big stringer :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D
    fillet em n fry em
    john

Post Thanks / Like

Default buckeye chuck

looked for ya at the seminar, but was too many people I guess.
    anyway, we did not do to bad, took third in semi-pro, got a check and a classic bid(due to bumpdown)all in all, a good day on the water.
    fillet em n fry em
    john

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on a great finish.....fishing was tough to say the least. I took a vacation day Friday to pre-fish , actually caught better fish prefishing.

We wasn't at the seminar , we registered at 5:30 , and left......I was kinda looking for you at the weigh-in , didn't know if you had decided to make the trip.

We finished 13 out of 41 , beat some good teams , our 7 weighed in at 4.30#
    lost a couple decent fish , lacked any real big ones. We may qualify for the regional by the bumpdown....time will tell

Post Thanks / Like

Default chuck

don't blame ya for not staying at the seminar, larry can be VERY long winded.
    yep, fishing was VERY tough, we did better on friday also, but just could not find a spot with big fish. tried both north and south shore channels, but ended up getting nearly all on the south side of the lake, couple here and couple there.mostly on minnows .good luck on getting a regional spot.....hope it happens for you.:D
    fillet em n fry em
    john

Post Thanks / Like

Learned the hard way with Larry , spent almost 2 hours at a seminar once , will not happen again !

Main reason for leaving was that , although the lake is only 20 minutes from my home , I pulled our camper over to the State Park , that way my wife and kids could enjoy the weekend as well , plus it gives them the opportunity to go to the weigh in....kinda nice to have them there.

We strictly fish the south side of the lake , I think we only caught 1 crappie
    on plain minnow , majority of fish were caught on black and chartruese , blue / cream.

Oh well , Buckeye Crappie Challenge is 2 weeks away - at least this is one tournament that all entry fees are paid out to the angler....

If we don't make it to the Regional , luck 2 u

bc