Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: In the works

Post Thanks / Like

Default In the works

Following up on Speckonator Mike's after fest talk, he made mention of a little interstate scenario(competition) with adjoining state Georgia. Apparently he(FL) and LiteWireHooker(GA) have contemplated a little bragging right competition that goes a little like this. A State's big fish confidence lake like Talquin for the GA boys, and maybe Monroe or Crescent for the FL boys is chosen as a site for "game day". Because each lake typically has a "hot bite" time of year, each State would determine their month, say November for Monroe, Crescent and January for Talquin. Now each State would field their designated "famous five" fisherman to fish that date on their lake with a best 5 or 7 fish stringer's weight.
    I could really see this catching on nationally, mainly with adjoining State competition...really couldn't peg Granada's capabilities against a cold weather State like Oregon, or could we? Don't think so.
    One step further, hockey has it's Stanley Cup, what would Crappie.com have for a Cup name. Crappie Cup would be too ordinary and unimaginative, what are you thoughts on this? My initial vote goes for the "ROW Cup"! That stands for Right of Weigh. 20 years from now we will be answering the question "Who's got the ROW(pun intended)?"

Let's get some input
    u2s
    Last edited by up2specks; 01-09-2012 at 06:07 AM. Reason: Spelling

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think it was limiting it to only 5 fisherman. In fact it was stated that he hoped everyone at that slabfest would fish and join in the fun.

Post Thanks / Like

Mississippi would get the "Row Cup" every year if it goes by weight alone. 2.5lb fish are common on those lakes over there, here its a trophy.
    ,,,,,,,-------,,7777777,,,,,........99999...........www.catchcarolina.com

Post Thanks / Like

DAMAGE CONTROL! I'm not the best at presenting things verbally and maybe I wasn't clear on what we had talked about etc. so here it goes in writing. I began with a PM to Curtis (litewirehooker) several weeks ago and followed up with a telephone call a couple of weeks ago. He contacted several folks that fish Talquin on a regular basis and I contacted several folks that fish Monroe regularly. We thought that it might be fun to set up a day to fish both lakes simultaneously. No limit on the number of fishermen and fisherladies and it would be a NO rules event. We were going to fish from daybreak until noon at which time everyone would meet back at the dock and weigh the 7 BIGGEST FISH collectively from the days fishing. Then we would make a telephone call to each other with the weight of the 7 Fish. Based on this I guess we establish temporary bragging rights for the Lake with the heaviest weight. This may or could be be to be repeated in the fall as well. It wasn't Florida vs Georgia because several Talquin folks are Florida fishermen. Also, we don't plan to exclude anyone who has a desire to fish either lake. Actually, the more the better. The intent is to get the best representation of big fish from each lake on that day. It’s been my experience Monroe produces BIG fish catches in November and December. They’re still there we just have to hook them and with as many lines in the water the better our chances. Curtis and I had planned February 18th as tentative date, but I sent him a pm and explained that we are possibly scheduling our February Slabfest on that date and maybe we could schedule a date in March. I hope this clears things up and if not launch me a PM and we’ll exchange phone numbers. But, as of now NO date has been decided.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

That is exactly what I heard you say. Come all on both sides and fish "as a team together"(Slabkeeper's statement)

Post Thanks / Like

I was wondering when someone was gonna let the cat outta the bag on this event...Let's Roll!!!!

litewirehooker is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes......all we have to do is set a date. "If you set it they will come" and fish for the one day bragging rights between Talquin and the lake with the smaller fish in central Fl. We got to start somewhere and our thoughts was fishing from daylight to 12:00 .......Come in and weigh 7 biggest fish.......make the call and compare the total weight. Think my memory is correct?
    http://litewirehooks.com/
    [email protected]
    Every day you do not fish will be one day less you have to fish

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lightwirehooker View Post
    Yes......all we have to do is set a date. "If you set it they will come" and fish for the one day bragging rights between Talquin and the lake with the smaller fish in central Fl. We got to start somewhere and our thoughts was fishing from daylight to 12:00 .......Come in and weigh 7 biggest fish.......make the call and compare the total weight. Think my memory is correct?
    That's the way I remember our conversation too. Question: are you in a different time zone than Tallahassee and us? Waiting to hear from Slabkeeper about a slabfest date in February then we'll set the date for the throwdown and get it on! Also, apparently you guys didn't pay close attention to the speckzilla that "ed in fl" caught. He was fishing in the distance from me and I saw his gheenoe going in circles trying to land him!!

litewirehooker is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Eastern Standard time.......It's 8:54 at Lake Talquin.
    http://litewirehooks.com/
    [email protected]
    Every day you do not fish will be one day less you have to fish

Post Thanks / Like

This is gonna be a blast.

Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast