Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Niot a good day on the Grand

Post Thanks / Like

Default Niot a good day on the Grand

Launched at Long Shoal @ 7:30, late for me. Started just above 7 Hwy bridge. Picked up a couple 12" fish quickly. Next tree- 30' away-trolling motor (85 lb) on high. Trolling motor got hung in fork of submerged tree. Gator springs stretched to max, I'm doin crappie dance to stay in boat. Got off tree, trolling motor out of control. Day is finished. Home by noon-tear trolling motor apart. Shaft is bent, the steering gear on top of trolling motor shaft sheared the rivets also. Ah Chit. Motor was hanging by the wires. So, by the time I get this repaired the water will be hard. See U on the Grand in spring. Dam the bad luck today, I have had a wonderful year fishing on the Grand and a little bad luck at the end of the winter crappie fishing this year does not turn me negative. I will continue to fish, I will just be a "Banker" till the water gets hard.

Post Thanks / Like

should have went back to the old stand by, sorry for the bad luck on the tm, been there and done everything but bend the shaft, broke all the gears up at the top, end to a day for sure.......
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear the bad luck,sounds like Truman has been pretty decent last couple day's.Get her fixed,spring will be here before you know it.Good luck to ya.
    Life is good today.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

What a day. Those happen to all of us that's for sure. Maybe you can catch a ride with one of us sometime this winter before the lake turns into ice.

Post Thanks / Like

do not worry about the ice, me thinks no ice this year,,,, hope,hope,,, sorry for your bad luck on teh trolling motor.... hope all goes well.

Post Thanks / Like

I have been in the same situation. I have a spare now so I can put on while I order parts and wait till they come in, the situation bites the big one!