Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need a Recommendation For A Crappie Rod

Post Thanks / Like

Default Need a Recommendation For A Crappie Rod

After a long absence from fishing, I'm looking for a boat rod for crappie and panfish. I have a Penn Battle 3000 spinning reel that I bought to use at the coast for inland fishing, and while not an ultralite by any means, it is a fairly small size reel and I see no reason not to let it do double(or triple) duty. What length and action rod would I get the most utility out of for catching small panfish on the lake? I'm thinking ML to light action.

barrelslime is offline Moderator White Bass/Striper/Hybrid Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

check out the crappie maxx rods from bass pro. There is an entire line of crappie rods. I love mine
    Personal Best 17 1/2"
    " Let us endeavor so to live, that when we come to die, even the undertaker will be sorry." Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like

i like my buddy Eds line of proangler rods
    Pro Angler Tackle Rods

but if i needed a set up today i would go tobps and getone of the new ugly stick lites

Shakespeare® Ugly Stik Lite® Inshore Spinning Rods | Bass Pro Shops
    and
    Bass Pro Shops® Micro Lite™ Elite Spinning Reels | Bass Pro Shops

Post Thanks / Like

Well your fishing style will kinda have to be considered in whatever purchase you make.

Post Thanks / Like

Go to a store that has the most rods to test and see which one feels the best to you. First you have to decide which type of fishing you want to do.

Post Thanks / Like

If you're fishing is general use I would use a B&M Bucks 6.5'ultra light crappie spinning. if you are dock shooting I would use B&M sharpshooter depending on how high your boat sits in the water you may use a 4.5' or 5' rod. Jiging I use Russ Baileys Crappie Wizard 10.5' jig rod. It all depends on the type of fishing you are doing. I hope this helps.

Darin

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by midtenncrappie1 View Post
    Well your fishing style will kinda have to be considered in whatever purchase you make.
    Yep! People always ask this question.There are way too many techniques of fishing to suggest a rod, reel, boat or whatever without much more information about the water you are going to fish and style of fishing.
    Carl's Guide Service
    Sardis Lake
    Enid Lake
    Grenada Lake
    901-734-7536

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah feelay with some many great products out there these days you can't just pinpoint one without more info. When your starting out try and keep things as simple as you can.

Post Thanks / Like

there are certainly alot to choose from and as others have said it depends on the style of crappie fishing you decide to do.
    Get the net!

Post Thanks / Like

depemds wat type of fishing ur going 2 do. if u tight line i like a BnM 11FT bucks jig pole

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast