Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Slab Seeker by Zebco

Post Thanks / Like

Default Slab Seeker by Zebco

Has anyone tried the Slab Seeker reel from Zebco? Seems like a gimmik but if it works, I would like to know. It's supposed to know the depth you caught your last fish on and remember it. Found it on Cabela's web site. If anyone has any info that would be great. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Haven't tried it myself but I have a friend who has one and really likes it. He says it works as advertised...the only reason I didn't but one is that I prefer a smaller reel.
    He among you who is without sin...cast the first stone.

Post Thanks / Like

I also prefer a smaller reel. I like Diawa and Zebco micro spincast reels but I can't find them anywhere anymore. Of course I was disappointed with the Zebco I bought a few years ago that the release button kept breaking off the tab inside. I don't really care for the underneath spincast reels. Just feels awkward to me. I just want a good ultra light combo for slabs...is that too much to ask..lol

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re

Slabseekers work! Just set the depth you are catching them at and reel them in. When you release the bail the bait will drop down to the same depth. Pretty cool! The slabseeker rods are another story however. I broke one of the tips the first time out. They are not quite strong enough to suit my needs.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ILUVCRAPPIEFISHIN
    Slabseekers work! Just set the depth you are catching them at and reel them in. When you release the bail the bait will drop down to the same depth. Pretty cool! The slabseeker rods are another story however. I broke one of the tips the first time out. They are not quite strong enough to suit my needs.
    I use a few of their rods. I am new to the long rods and wanted to get several quick so I purchased cheaper rods. Their rods have a floating reel seat which basically means it has two rings that you wedge at an angle to keep your reel in place. I put wire ties on the outside of both of them to keep them from moving. I also had to cut a foot off the end of the pole and put a new rod tip on the end. They are much too thin, in my opinion, at the end. I have purchased a couple of Henry's Slabsticks on Ebay for $10 ea. They have a regular reel seat and are good rods. I do intend to start purchasing better rods to replace my lesser ones as needed.

Post Thanks / Like

Firephoenix, I actully just did a search here for that same question yesterday. It seems that the pin that is the "memory" for the reel is pretty fragile and easy to break...just under the drag from having a fish on. That's a pain. Others said that they loved the rods but not the reels. And others said that it's all junk. FWIW.
    I think I got one...