Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kentucky lake resorts

Post Thanks / Like

Default Kentucky lake resorts

I would like to make a trip to Kentucky Lake this spring for some crappie and or bluegill fishing. Was wondering if any one could help on where a good place to stay is. Would also like to hire a guide for atleast one day any recommendation would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

I've never looked into places to stay since I'm within driving distance to the water so can't help you there. As far as a guide I've never fished with him but been told this person is very knowledgable around the area. You might check his website out and see what you think. I've never used a guide so I don't how his rates compare to others. Hope this helps you out.

http://www.stevemccadams.com/fishing_info.htm#rates

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

North or south end of the lake? Rodney Hairgrove guides out of Big Bear Resort on Big Bear Creek on the north end. He's a really good guide who puts his folks onto fish.

Rodney Hairgrove, Angling and Guide Service on Kentucky Lake

Post Thanks / Like

Lotsa different areas on KY Lake. If you're gonna be around the Big Sandy branch, Mansard Island Resort has some pretty nice apartments. Don't know any guides personally, but Steve McAdams is the big name over that way.

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't been there yet myself, however I meet the owner of Kentucky Beach Resort at the Bloomington IL Fish and Feather Expo last year. We booked out family reunion with them for this coming June. If you want to meet him, he will be at the Fish & Feather Expo again this year.

Welcome to the 2012 Illinois Fish and Feather Expo

Kentucky Beach Resort at Kentucky Lake

Several of the people who I talked to around me recommended Moors Resort, however none of them had ever been to Kentucky Beach Resort. They went based on someone elses recommendation. Again, I have never been their either. However when I looked at the rates, what you get for each, and the accomidations, Kentucky Beach Resort seemed to fit our family reunion atmosphere better. I talked to the owner of KBR several times and finally got him our cabin, condo, motel requests and he gave us a 25% discount of the 2012 rates provided we sent in our 50% deposit by end of January. Checks are on the way.

Moors Resort link below

Moors Resort and Marina on Kentucky Lake

Kentucky Beach Resort is on a huge bay about the middle of the lake. Listed near Murray Kentucky.
    HOI Crappie Club
    Where family and friends come to compete for a little more than bragging rights.

Quick, someone teach me how to fish so I can win this tournament!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Hanr I was just at the collinsville show and talked to the Kentucky beach resort guy. He also gave me a 25% discount. Brochure looks real good.But when i googled reviews for it they were kinda on the negative side which kinda worried me.

Post Thanks / Like

Yea I saw those too. however reading between the lines I got the impression they were big city folk expecting a Hyatt type of atmosphere. Personally if the toilets flush, the A/C works, and the roof don't leak, I'm at a Hyatt. Besides I had numerous long conversations with the owner, real nice guy and down to earth. I put more stock in my own instinct verse people I don't know who posted on the interweb.
    HOI Crappie Club
    Where family and friends come to compete for a little more than bragging rights.

Quick, someone teach me how to fish so I can win this tournament!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I went twice last year. We stayed at Malcolm Creek Resort and Marina. The owners were super nice and the place is real clean.
    The cabins are right by the water which I really liked. Already reserved me a cabin for May, and the prices are real good when
    comparing to other places around Kentucky Lake

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs UpCheck out Buchanans Resort (sp) they are on the Big Sandy Arm. They have everything including a Restaurant. They have a web site. Good place .
    Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner 60 View Post
    I would like to make a trip to Kentucky Lake this spring for some crappie and or bluegill fishing. Was wondering if any one could help on where a good place to stay is. Would also like to hire a guide for atleast one day any recommendation would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

We always stay at Shawnee Bay Resort.
    Check out Capt'n Kirk he's a very good guide.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast