Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Golf course bream

Post Thanks / Like

Default Golf course bream

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I fished from 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM and ended up catching 49 fish. 32 bream, 10 tilapia and 7 bass. I was using a UL spinning rod with 4lb test until a bass snapped it. I went to a lite action spinning rod with 4lb test. Everything came on a 1/32 oz beetle spin. I had my line broken twice and I had 3 bass that managed to get off. I found a bream bed and was catching some nice ones. It's all catch and release here but it was a fun reeling em in. Here is a pic of one of the bream I got. Most were a little smaller but I only caught 4 dinks.

Last edited by cdobber; 05-04-2006 at 06:47 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Great Fun.

cdobber, Sounds like you had a great day hammering the gills.
    I was happy to hear that it was a catch and release pond being on a golf course. It is ironic that our most beautifull grass areas is only possible by making them among the most polluted. All golf courses anywhere in the nation should be catch and release, or catch and bury.
    I haven't had the pleasure of fishing a course yet but hope to someday. Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Fished a small lake on the golf course today and found several beds. It was non stop action from 3:15 until 5:00 this afternoon then everything stopped. I don't know how many fish I caught but it was close to if not over 100. There is a 4 foot gator that calls the lake home and I tossed him a few bream on the bank. He was sunning about 10 ft from me for about a hour. They are clearing land to build more houses so I am sure he will be relocated before long.

Post Thanks / Like

GRAND looking fish! Interesting coloring on the fins.
    .....lee s.

Post Thanks / Like

What type of pollution are you talking about? Nitrates from the fertilizer applied to the ground to green the grass or pesticides to kill varmits and other critters such as grubs that attract moles?

If you want to find lots of lost golf balls that are mostly perfectly good. They were hit only a few times before they went into the lakes (water hazards as golfer tend to call them). You can find a lot of these by scuba diving and feeling around in the muck for the golf balls. Just be careful you don't grab a snapping turtles's head. That might cost you a finger or even an entire hand if it's a big snapper. lol

What's the price for a set of new golf balls these days. After I last went golfing with a coworker and lost ten golf ball on one water hazard I stopped golfing all together. Well I may have played a few more rounds but lets not quible over those rounds.

Only time I like to play golf is when I get to drive the Electric or Propane Driven Golf Carts. Now that's more fun than hitting a stupid little white round ball 400 yards and trying to put it in a little bitty hole in the ground. LOL Man gold to me is really a lame game. Give me Ice Hockey, Baskeball, Soccor, American Football or even a good Tennis match anyday.

I live close to several Really nice Golf courses and one is where they play National Tournaments. It was designed by some big shot golf course designer. It's built on an abandoned strip mined coal fields. I guess surface coal mining reclaimation laws have finally given us something useful after the coal has all been removed.

I did read where one developer built and sold a house over an underground mine shaft and the new owners were force to move after their house experienced underground mine subsidence. Their house have major structural damage to it when the ground beneath the foundation collaped into the underground mine's shaft.

Be careful where you build or buy your next house in Warrick County, IN.

quote=Illinoisgiller]cdobber, Sounds like you had a great day hammering the gills.
    I was happy to hear that it was a catch and release pond being on a golf course. It is ironic that our most beautifull grass areas is only possible by making them among the most polluted. All golf courses anywhere in the nation should be catch and release, or catch and bury.
    I haven't had the pleasure of fishing a course yet but hope to someday. Mike[/quote]
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

It's always a good thing not to feed the Alligators. They should be made to be afraid of humans not expect humans to represent food. Feeding the gators make them much more dangerous. They will lose their fear of man if they had any and start to associate humans with food. That is never a good thing. Right now that 4 ft gator just learned that you represent a food source for it. A few years down the road that gator may grow to 6 for or even larger and then see another human being, a kid or a child, and remember that humans mean food. The gator may even take that child and eat him or her in a few more years.

It's best to avoid feeding the alligators in your ponds. The child may be one of yours or your neighbors.

That is why most southern states and especially Florida discourage people from feeding the alligators.

Quote Originally Posted by cdobber
    Fished a small lake on the golf course today and found several beds. It was non stop action from 3:15 until 5:00 this afternoon then everything stopped. I don't know how many fish I caught but it was close to if not over 100. There is a 4 foot gator that calls the lake home and I tossed him a few bream on the bank. He was sunning about 10 ft from me for about a hour. They are clearing land to build more houses so I am sure he will be relocated before long.
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

Moose, it is against Florida State Law to feed gators. Period. If you are caught doing it, it is an automatic $500 fine and jail time. I can't find it on the FWC site right now but that is the penalty. I remember a recent case down near Venice where a fellow used to swim in a canal and had done so his whole life until a fed gator killed him. Some folks had been seen feeding that gator and the FWC filmed them doing it and all of them were fined and jailed. Feeding gators kills people. I would be more than happy to take a quick picture and turn a gator feeder in to the FWC.

http://myfwc.com/gators/
    Last edited by dixieangler; 04-23-2006 at 05:35 AM.
    Robert B. McCorquodale

"Flip a fly"

Post Thanks / Like

I love those golf course gills! There's a golf course here in Tennessee that's right next to a creek off of Stones River.....there's usually crappie in there this time of year. Some of the apartment complexes here have bluegill stocked in em too.
    Fish on!:D

3 Bald Stooges of Percy Priest Lake - Co Founder

Post Thanks / Like

I like to call that "URBAN FISHING!" Some of my favorite fishing spots are in neighborhoods and business parks with large lakes. Usually have lots of success due to the lack of fishing pressure. They'll hit just about anything that lands in the water.
    Currently a non-fishing slacker! (not for too much longer)