Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Road Runner "Catch of the Month" Contest

Post Thanks / Like

Default Road Runner "Catch of the Month" Contest

Road Runner "Catch of the Month" Contest

http://www.crappie.com/blakemore/cont.htm

TJ from the TTI-Blakemore Group wants to give some prizes away to Crappie.com members. Check out the contest above. Click on the link. It's very cool that one of our sponsors wants to get more involved with our site. Thanks TJ.
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

Post Thanks / Like

This is a pretty cool web site.

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

I see some FISH STORIES,(aka lies), coming on this one!!!!LOL
    He among you who is without sin...cast the first stone.

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation I'm in for that contest ......

Thank you TTI-Blakemore !!

I only have one question .... does the lure used have to be 100% Blakemore product ?? Or can one use a Roadrunner jighead, with other mfg's products (or live bait) ? I mostly use marabou Roadrunners ... but, on occasion, have been known to add a plastic body, of various other companies, to a Roadrunner head. I certainly wouldn't want to see anyone disqualified for doing so, myself included :D .

And I take it that the picture of the "qualifying" Crappie ... has to be placed on the "Brag Board" (and not on the Main Message Forum) -- and that a "sticky" poll post will be placed on the Main Message Forum, for members to vote on the "winning" fish. Will this be judged on size/weight ? Is April still open, or will the contest begin in May ?
    OK ... I have more than "one" question :D ..... but, I just want to get all the facts straight from the git-go !!

................... luck2ya'll ............ cp

Post Thanks / Like

Good question Pappy. I fish a RR head but use a different body on it myself.
    Hold My beer and watch this sheeet!!!

Post Thanks / Like

same with me, ive been catching some good fish on road runners with other bodies.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer

Post Thanks / Like

Default Roadrunner Contest

I'm always a day late or a dollar short..I caught a 14 inch crappie weighing 1 3/4 lb using a RR head with a 3 inch curly tail Wednesday on Reelfoot. Don't have a picture on digital, but doesn't matter, I didn't have the jig in it's mouth.

Post Thanks / Like

Sound like some fun. thanks TTI-Blakemore

Gonefission
    Bill

corkster_00 Guest

Unhappy wish I had known last week

Fished Patoka lake last weekend in CUSA. Caught small dinks all day,tried minnows,shiners,tubes, you name it. last 90 minutes of fishing put on a yellow Marabou and boated 4 real nice crappie, and largest catch was on a Roadrunner Crappie Thunder.Wish I had taken pictures.If we had gone to the
    roadrunners earlier I know we could have won. Oh well, I think it's a real neat idea.

Clay
    p.s. we placed 12th of 45 boats.
    Last edited by corkster_00; 04-21-2006 at 05:42 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Answers

Good questions CP....Here's the clarification I got from TJ.....You can use the Road Runner heads with any soft plastic body or minnow to qualify. Also, this is mostly a "photo" contest, but of course a big slab would make a great photo! LOL...But in my honest opinion, I think a photo with a kid holding a 2 pound crappie should beat out a guy holding a 3 pounder. ....And lastly, the contest starting now will qualify for the month of May. Good luck!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast