Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: 17' tracker targa wt

Post Thanks / Like

Default 17' tracker targa wt

Any of you guys have this boat with a 115 hp motor? If so, what kind of mph do you get out of this set up? Looking for a big water boat, looking at this boat or a 18' dual console ranger with 150 optimax. I will be using this for crappie and walleye.

Post Thanks / Like

I would guess 40 -45 mph.

MEMBER CRAPPIE MAFIA

Post Thanks / Like

I would go with ranger if cost was not a problem
    TOO MANY IDIOTS TO FEW BULLETS

Post Thanks / Like

The targa is a 2006 and the ranger is a 1998 that has been well taken care of. Asking almost $10,000 for the targa and $8000 for the ranger.

skeetbum is online now Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I fished in a friends 17 or 18 Fisher Marine (who makes the targa) on several occasions. Rode nice, fished good , and the dual windshield was a plus in the cold wind. It does sit tall in the water and has a big signature, so an excellent tm would be in order. My choice would be the Ranger for many reasons. Never met anyone that had a Ranger and regretted it.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

I Have A 2011 Tracker 17.5 SG Series With A 115 Mercury 4 Stroke Which Is Pretty Much The Same Boat. 40MPH Is About Max. I Have Owned Many Boats And Bought This One For Crappie And Walleye Fishing With My Father Who Is 78 And To Take Out The Grandchildren As The Deep V Allows You To Be Down In The Boat Instead Of On Top Of It And My Father Can Fish Without Having To Climb Up And Down On The Casting Deck Of My Bass Boat As His Knees Just Cant Take It. I Love This Boat