Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Fast and easy way to change jigs

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fast and easy way to change jigs

If your like me you start your day Crappie fishing with the color jigs you have the most confidence in. Somedays this is all you need and then there are those days when they can be so picky what they want to hit you change colors and type jigs a dozen times before you stumble apon that magic lure of the day.For me the worst part has always been cutting and retying different lures on till I found the magic one. I discovered these snap hooks at Netcraft last year and they have solved this problem once and for all. Now changing jigs is a snap(pun intended). No cutting and retying just pull one jig off and snap a new one on. Simple as can be. They are very small in size and I can't say the fish notice them. I also believe because you are not tying directly to the hook that the lure has a little more action due to the play between the hook and the snap. If you do decide to give them a try make sure to order size1. The other sizes are to small for Crappie fishing use. I have no affiliation with this product/Netcraft in anyway. Just passing on a little tip that might make your time on the water a bit more enjoyable and productive like this little snap has done for me. Here is the link for you inspection. Good Luck http://www.jannsnetcraft.com/line-le...ts/810960.aspx

Post Thanks / Like

i like those chris im all about not tying ever see them in stores
    [never snap at the hand that feeds ya

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure it's the same brand but i picked some of those up at Academy, they work great.
    Not All Who Wander Are Lost
    Níl gach uile fhánaí caillte

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been using these for years. I didn't know they came in colors now.
    http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...293&id=0011850
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the link Chris.
    We have guys that fly fish on crappie.com also so they may be able to use the smaller connector.

I have seen something similar to these in the past and even have a few but have not really tried them much. I guess I forget they were in the tackle box and just tied the jigs to my line with the loop knot or a palomar knot.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris in Ct
    If your like me you start your day Crappie fishing with the color jigs you have the most confidence in. Somedays this is all you need and then there are those days when they can be so picky what they want to hit you change colors and type jigs a dozen times before you stumble apon that magic lure of the day.For me the worst part has always been cutting and retying different lures on till I found the magic one. I discovered these snap hooks at Netcraft last year and they have solved this problem once and for all. Now changing jigs is a snap(pun intended). No cutting and retying just pull one jig off and snap a new one on. Simple as can be. They are very small in size and I can't say the fish notice them. I also believe because you are not tying directly to the hook that the lure has a little more action due to the play between the hook and the snap. If you do decide to give them a try make sure to order size1. The other sizes are to small for Crappie fishing use. I have no affiliation with this product/Netcraft in anyway. Just passing on a little tip that might make your time on the water a bit more enjoyable and productive like this little snap has done for me. Here is the link for you inspection. Good Luck http://www.jannsnetcraft.com/line-le...ts/810960.aspx
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

Default No-Knot-Fas-Snap

Here's what I've used for the past ten years and never leave home without. About the some thing.

http://www.basspro.com/servlet/catal...rTarget=browse
    Catch and Release: Catch the slabs and Release the little'uns

Post Thanks / Like

deleted
    Last edited by pescatore; 12-16-2008 at 09:58 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

deleted
    Last edited by pescatore; 12-16-2008 at 09:58 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the tip.

Gonefission
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up There's always one

I need to try a different brand of these I guess. I have some small ones from the Grizzly Jig Shop and tried them for some 1/124 th oz. jigs I use for chasing gills. Now a 1/124 th oz has a tiny hook and I use them IN brush piles. I like them because I can straighten the hook with a tug. The first time I used the snap it straightened out far too easy for me.
    I'm happy to hear the larger ones work out for crappie jigs. :D I'll definately be giving them another try. Thanks, Mike