Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Uncle Buck's poles

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Uncle Buck's poles

Has anyone tried them? I have 6 of his fiberglass cane type poles and really like them. They are light, strong and even have a scale printed on them. But it only goes to 14 inches, so anything longer I guess you have to throw back. I was looking at another model yesterday which is like a spinning rod except it collapes like the cane poles. They (BPS) had some 10, 12 and I think 16ft long. I'm thinking of trying 2 of the 12 footers and putting the little Quantum XR reels on them. Any opinions?
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

The uncle Bucks graphite rods are made by BnM. I liked the ones they had at bass pro and plan on getting one. They are light, sensitive ,yet strong enough backbone. Overall nice rods

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IBNFSHN
    Has anyone tried them? I have 6 of his fiberglass cane type poles and really like them. They are light, strong and even have a scale printed on them. But it only goes to 14 inches, so anything longer I guess you have to throw back. I was looking at another model yesterday which is like a spinning rod except it collapes like the cane poles. They (BPS) had some 10, 12 and I think 16ft long. I'm thinking of trying 2 of the 12 footers and putting the little Quantum XR reels on them. Any opinions?
    \

Hey Bill,

I use 10, 11 and 12-foot B&M Uncle Buck's Graphite Jig Poles for guiding and have been real happy with them. I also have a 12-foot B&M Sam Heaton rod that I REALLY like - very light and sensitive.

FISH ON!
    Jerry
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Bill, I have 5 of the Uncle Bucks - 3 - 12's & 2 - 10's. Also a 10' B&M. I use them when trolling by putting out a 12, then a 10, then 2 - 6's. My partner fishes out the front right of boat using Zebco 33's, and I fish out left side in back. I use Shimano spinning reels on mine. At times I also put 3 - 12's and a ten out front to slow troll with partner in back with 2 - 10's out sides with 2 rods out back using slip corks. The B&M may be a little lighter, but Bucks work fine. I've not had a problem with mine - and they are much cheaper at @$17 than the others. Caught an 8 lb Cat out of a tree top on a minnow last year on a 12'. Real tussle, but he was released into a frying pan. I would buy them again. JimA

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, those cats can be a ball on light rigs. We make a trip every spring to Kerr Lake for a week of crappie fishing. 4 of us go and last year the 2 in the other boat were being pulled all over the place by a fish. Some how they managed to get it in. A 17.5lb cat on a 12ft fiberglass cane pole. I would have never believed it if someone told me that story, but I watched them do it. It went in the frying pan several times.

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IBNFSHN
    I have used 6 of their 14footers with the cheap 19.95 shakespeare bait casters spider rigging for the last 2-years <> don,t beleive you could do much better

perchjerker

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by perchjerker
    I have used 6 of their 14footers with the cheap 19.95 shakespeare bait casters spider rigging for the last 2-years <> don,t beleive you could do much better

perchjerker
    PJ
    Is there a reason you used bait casters instead of spinning reels? Just curious

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Default reply to bill h

the bait casters don,t twist the line <> the drag,s real easy to strip line just works better for me
    perchjerker

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Going to try and go to bps tomorrow and get a few. Thanks for the reviews. Are they still made by B-n-M? Anyone else still using them? BPS has them on sale gor $12.99 at Leeds.
    Last edited by shipahoy41; 12-22-2010 at 08:44 PM.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

Got 4 of the 16 footers and 2 of the 13 footers. Work real well for me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast