Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Crappie Tournament opinions OPEN DISCUSSION

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie Tournament opinions OPEN DISCUSSION

Curious what everyones opinions are on the total fish that can be weighed in at a crappie tournament. I know talking to some people alot of the tournaments used to be 10 and even 20 fish. Seems like these days 7 fish is the max. Curious as to why and what peoples thoughts are on this. Truely it doesnt really matter to me, I will donate my money either way. Also how does the time length of the tournament stack up against number of fish?

In specific the Thursday night Hillsdale tournaments, Labs and Chief did a great thing by getting these going and unfortunately the number of boats declined. I have talked to alot of new faces in the area that are interested in fishing but whine about the 4 fish weigh in. Why not make it a 7 or 10 fish limit and open it up to more people that feel they can compete if the limit is 10?

I personally have mixed feelings, on one hand I see the good fisherman just coming in with higher weights. On the other hand I see guys that can get their 10 10"-11" fish and maybe be able to stack up to the 4 trophy fish. But who knows.

Be nice and lets come up with a strategy to getting these going again so we can all have some fun over the summer and learn something new.

Post Thanks / Like

Brett if no one cares to spend 5 minutes on a post here not really sure they will come out for the tournaments. I'm thinking on pulling the plug on it and not wasting my time and money putting these on for the 5 boats that will show up. Once again the kansas board shows it's true colors.

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone can go out and catch 10, 20, 30 crappie. Thats easy. Tournaments are for hog hunters. Guys who really know fish and there patterns. I don't understand why you would raise the limit to 10 or 20 to accomodate. Maybe they should go out and fish harder. Tournament guys never stop learning...thats what makes them different. We don't fish the same 10 spots. At 16 I started fishing tournaments. Those first years were tough. Got my A kicked all over the water. If you want to see more guys out. You need to market better. As with any tournament its anyones game. Locals have as good a shot as Capps and Coleman.

Post Thanks / Like

Let's stay positive here, just looking for insight on people's views of tournaments and structure of them

What makes you better fisherman 4 big fish or 10 keepers? Just throwing it out. Seems like there is a level playing field somewhere.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't fish 7 fish tourney because all it takes is one kicker fish and they win it. Really takes the challenge out of it with 7 boats. Also any rod or bait restrictions make it pointless to fish. Everyone fishes differently and to limit it limits the number of people to fish.

But you have to remember I don't fish tourney's very often. Takes all the fun out of the sport for me - I work for money I don't fish for money, fishing for money makes it to much like work.

And as a side note Bird dog people are not bad because they don't want to tourney fish... remember it's a choice to fish or not fish and when you act like that I won't give you a dime. The person running the tourney's attitude and character have as much to do with fishing as the tourney it's self. When you come on this board and say the boards true colors are bad because we won't give you money doesn't really help your sales pitch.

I hope you guys do it, it's fun and I may come out once or twice but you come on here and tell me I am a loser because I won't give you my money and fish your Tourney then you won't get a penny from me or most of the people I know. Be possative and nice and people will support you more, be better than everyone and well who knows, I still have a lot to learn both about fishing and life.
    Last edited by Kansasoutdoorsman; 01-04-2012 at 09:55 PM.
    It's not duck season so I have to do something... :D

You are welcome to join us on in outdoor adventures in Kansas. Come along for the ride at www.kansasoutdoorsman.com ~ This is our outdoor adventures of Kansas Hunting and Fishing!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Spring Hill your right not play nice is not going to help get people to show up.I'm just trying to get fellowCDC members to come out and have a little fun out side of going to bass pro and sitting around drinking and tell stories about the one that got away. The first thread on this had 333 views with only 3 replys this one had over 150 before I made my rude post .I don't want your money if these turnaments were free to put on I'd do 100% pay back .

Post Thanks / Like

Ol birddog got birdy alittle early... Gonna have to turn the collar up again.... :-)

So nick you prefer 4 fish vs 7 or more?

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Try trophies for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places sometimes and only collect the monies needed to pay for those cheap trophies (usually way < $5 apiece) and see how much fun it can be and how big a crowd you can draw. It can be a 1 fish toiurney or a 10 fish tourney (whatever you like) because there's no pressure on anyone and it's all just for fun. Nobody ever has to worry about who wins or if anyone cheats. It works for us!Thumbs Up
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

always go to mo to fish tourneys those guys have a lot of them thats where i would fish one if i did fish tourneys all those fellows are willing to share a lot of info with us guys that aren,t so good

Post Thanks / Like

Well I can't fish Thurs.nights.But if I could I think 4 or 5 limit in 3 hrs. would even it out some.Now if I fished that lake 2 or 3 times a week,10 would be no problem.Now for my tourny wish list. I would like to fish on Sunday's with a 7-10 fish limit on a few different lakes that are semi close to me.My problem is I have to work about 3 Sat.'s a month so the only time I fish is on Sunday.And if I'm off that Sat. it would be great to join a group campout and prefish that day.Just a wish list.
    Life is good today.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast