Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Hits on the fall

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hits on the fall

I recently fished my home waters and have found out most of the crappie hit the bait on the fall. Like when my minnow hits the water they will hit right away. But if it sits there they wont hit it.

My question is what setup or tackle could i use besides minnows under bobber? That will present the bait as falling. I see some people use tube baits to do this. Or would a light jighead do the trick?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re

I picked up some jigs while at KY Lake thsi weekend called Umbrella Jigs. They are supposed to fall 20% slower than conventional tubes. Also switching to 1/32 oz head will slow the rate of descent.

Post Thanks / Like

Take a 1/32nd jig head and then put a weighted boober on your line at a desired point above the jig. Cast out and the jig will sink under the bobber. Then reel in a little line and the jig will rise in the water. stop reeling and the jig will fall again.Do this repeatedly and your jig will just rise and fall.
    To make life enjoyable, you must have crappie days.

Post Thanks / Like

summer time I catch a high percentage of the crappie on the fall, from surface to the thermoclime, using tightlining! Catch the rest on the way up!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Swinging

I use a 10ft.graphite rod,pull out 10ft. of line and swing it out so the line is straight out and tight when your jig hits the water. Watch your line, you will get a lot of lift bites on a falling jig. A 1/32 jig is a good size. Use whatever the fishies like in your lake on the jig.

Post Thanks / Like

Pitching a jig with a long jig pole and allowing it to fall to a desired depth does the trick for me. I tightline it vertically for a few and then pick it up and pitch it out again for another fall. Of course, the lighter the jighead the slower the fall. When catching them on the fall always watch our line closely because you might not feel the bite as much as you will see it in the line movement.
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]