Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: center console boats

Post Thanks / Like

Default center console boats

Anyone use a center console boat for crappie fishing?

Post Thanks / Like

I don't have one but have seen others that do including a friend. Don't think it would matter as long as you can get around in it, and set it up the way you want.
    Waterboy1

Post Thanks / Like

I think CC boats are function if they are larger boats with wide beams. Other than that I think of CC as a fashion statement with little functional advantage and more of a disadvantage.

Post Thanks / Like

I've seen them used but think I prefer the standard set up.

Helicopter Pilot
    Vietnam 67/68
    Proud Member of the Southeast Asian War Games Team

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 2070 Xpress CC and I love it!! lots of room and it is great in rough water being able to stand up and drive, taking all the shock of the waves in your legs not your back!

Slabologist
    "Professor of Slabology 101"

Keep your line tight !

Post Thanks / Like

I have 18' 60" bottom G-3 Center Console. Greatest thing since sliced bread. Plenty room to walk AROUND. Do not have a confined space to walk. Stand up to drive or set. Wide deck for spider rigging. Had side consoles all my life. When you look at the room on the floor you will see. Put 2 48qt ice chest and 4 adults and still have plenty room. Fuel tank in front. Took live in front and made dry storage out of it and use the live in the middle. Great boat, check it out. 90 hp rating

Post Thanks / Like

G3 has several different models (including SC models) with the gas tank up front, so no advantage or disadvantage there. Been on one CC boat, and just seemed "different" to me but I'm used to the SC version. I think I would stay with a SC if getting a new or different boat tho. comes down to a personal preference that's all.
    GO BIG ORANGE !

I meant to behave, but there were just way too many other options available at the time.

Post Thanks / Like

With the gas tank in the front it helps with the performance of the boat, Quicker plane and also the back deck area will be smaller since the gas tank is not there. Also the tank is used as a step to get up to the front deck, But like jimp said it's all what YOU like.

Post Thanks / Like

I have had several boats. Alum. fiberglass, flat bottom, V bottom. I have crappie fished from all of them. I have fished in Florida a few times over the years and got to really like the CC boats. Last year I went to Florida and bought a 17.5 Bay Cape Craft with a 90 Yamaha. It is by far the best boat I have ever owned. The 35 gallon gas tank gives it the range to go almost anywhere. It has a large livewell. The bad part is that it dosen't have a lot of convienient storage but, I can live with that. I haven't been off shore yet but I would not be worried with running in 3' swells. I was just fishing at East Fork Sat. and with the front fishing seat and trolling motor it fishes very nice.

Post Thanks / Like

Great thread. I was wondering if the cc got in the way or not when crappie fishung. Never fished out of one.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM TWEENER!
    Member of Tri-State Crappie Anglers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast