Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Recessed foot control

Post Thanks / Like

Default Recessed foot control

I've considered getting a recessed foot control for my trolling motor because after sitting all day it causes my legs to cramp. Since then I've been using a butt seat which takes pressure off my legs and doesn't restrict blood circulating. Not bad for short trip but those daylight till dark days can be tough.

My question is do any of you use a recessed foot control for your trolling motor while sitting in regular seats and do you find it works better than the way they have been traditionally mounted?

barrelslime is offline Moderator White Bass/Striper/Hybrid Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Iv got a Triton boat and they come with recessed foot control and its the first boat Iv had with it and it is great. Much less foot, leg, and back pain. I sit most all the time I fish.
    Personal Best 17 1/2"
    " Let us endeavor so to live, that when we come to die, even the undertaker will be sorry." Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like

great for standing but do not like it for setting,also like to move pedal a little as I change foot, also to me more strain on ankle on all foward or backward. Maybe others ,ankle more fexible than mine
    God Demonstrated his love for us. Romans 5:8

Post Thanks / Like

You don't feel like you're perched on one leg anymore. Good upgrade overall.
    Blue Water LED, LLC - www.bluewaterled.com
    Blue Water Jeff - 1-800-221-2583

Post Thanks / Like

I put a homemade one in my boat, could not justify that much $$$$ for one. Might have to try it out this thurs or fri. Will let you know. Might try for a pic also ?

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the help. I might need to try the one in my sons boat (if I can ever get him to leave those bass alone for a few minutes). I hate to have one put in and find out I'm not going to like it. Appreciate your input.

Post Thanks / Like

Do it. Money well spent.
    "I'll live and die a fisherman."Calling John the Fisherman.."

Post Thanks / Like

Ditto what slabs Inc said put one in my tracker pt175 and love it my ankle. Doesn't hurt anymore after a long day fishing but make sure you have it where you like it and there is not anything where you are going to cut to insert it
    HERE FISHY FISHY